Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who has started to use Apple Pay?

tag
Josh2942
Established Contributor

Who has started to use Apple Pay?

I added my 3 chase credit cards and my Amex business green. Havent been out shopping yet but im itching to use it!

Jaguar F-Type R Loan 50K Balance
Goldman Sachs Signature Loan $29,000 TU 750 score pulled at time of loan.
Student Loan Debt $1,500
Credit Card Debt $300 1>% of $166,700
FAKO Transunion 723 Equifax 744
What's in my wallet? Chase Sapphire Reserve, Chase Freedom Unlimited, and AMEX Blue for Business
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
jim44
Established Contributor

Re: Who has started to use Apple Pay?

Does anyone know if apple pay can only be used with an iphone 5s?  I wanted to use it with my Barclay and BOA cards but I've been told you have to have the iphone 6.

Message 2 of 7
Josh2942
Established Contributor

You have to have a 6 or 6 plus because it has the NFC chip in it. The 5S does not. I have the 6 plus

Jaguar F-Type R Loan 50K Balance
Goldman Sachs Signature Loan $29,000 TU 750 score pulled at time of loan.
Student Loan Debt $1,500
Credit Card Debt $300 1>% of $166,700
FAKO Transunion 723 Equifax 744
What's in my wallet? Chase Sapphire Reserve, Chase Freedom Unlimited, and AMEX Blue for Business
Message 3 of 7
ExplicitElicit
Established Contributor

@Josh2942 wrote:

You have to have a 6 or 6 plus because it has the NFC chip in it. The 5S does not. I have the 6 plus

Did you order your 6plus or go and buy it? I ordered mine Friday (the first day the went on pre-order) in September and it still has yet to be shipped. I know they were really back ordered but I ordered it within 4 hours of it going on sale. I really just want me phone.

Message 4 of 7
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@ExplicitElicit wrote:

@Josh2942 wrote:

Did you order your 6plus or go and buy it? I ordered mine Friday (the first day the went on pre-order) in September and it still has yet to be shipped. I know they were really back ordered but I ordered it within 4 hours of it going on sale. I really just want me phone.

Apple is known to restrict how many phones they will actually sell so they can keep demand high. Six plus production was less than six version so that  maybe another reason why the wait time is over an month  

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 5 of 7
jim44
Established Contributor

@Josh2942 wrote:

Nice, I bought my iphone5s in Dec with Sprint. In the past I could update once a year but with the 6 I have to wait 20 months so it's August 2015 for me. I guess anticipation is half the fun.

Message 6 of 7
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@jim44 wrote:

@Josh2942 wrote:

Nice, I bought my iphone5s in Dec with Sprint. In the past I could update once a year but with the 6 I have to wait 20 months so it's August 2015 for me. I guess anticipation is half the fun.

Or you could have purchased an android phone like...anywhere from 3 years ago to now and had the exact same capabilities Smiley Very Happy 

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.