Did you mean: 

Who has tattoos?

tag
fltn
Frequent Contributor

Re: Who has tattoos?

@fltn wrote:

@grinlikechelsea wrote:

That's awesome! What style is your sleeve?

Also, nipple piercings are one of the things I won't have done haha.

They actually don't hurt at all. But I have heard very painful for men.

I have birds, flowers, skulls on my sleeve. top is fill color and bottom fades down to inner arm full color and top of lower is blk and gray with highlights of color to make it pop.

Also upper arm is realistic and fades down to more artistist for birds and flowers.

Currently "freezing" in the garden!
Message 11 of 27
grinlikechelsea
Established Contributor

@fltn wrote:

@grinlikechelsea wrote:

I have birds, flowers, skulls on my sleeve. top is fill color and bottom fades down to inner arm full color and top of lower is blk and gray with highlights of color to make it pop.

Since I'm a guy, ouch. Smiley Tongue

That sounds awesome! I like the idea of the color transitions to accent details. Very smart and it sounds like it produced great results Smiley Happy

Message 12 of 27
fltn
Frequent Contributor

@grinlikechelsea wrote:

@fltn wrote:

@grinlikechelsea wrote:

Since I'm a guy, ouch. Smiley Tongue

That sounds awesome! I like the idea of the color transitions to accent details. Very smart and it sounds like it produced great results Smiley Happy

The black and gray has kinda like an outline of green in the leaves, but not all the way around  just inside the actual outline that was added after the black to gray shading. The roses are the same but with red. So it kinda looks like those white roses with a ring of color at the top but no white in roses just black and gray. Basicly some color where you would usually highlight in white. You can't actually see the color unless you look close but from a distance you can tell it is not just black and gray. It kinds play tricks on the eye. In the sun it pops like highlights in a painting.

Message 13 of 27
KAISMOM
Contributor

I have only one, back of my neck, Kenji Script, I got it one year ago on my birthday.  It's very discrete when I want to be, most of the time, my hair is up though. I love it. I'll likely get anotherSmiley Happy

Southwest Premier & Plus 25.8k I Alaska Air 21k I Discover It 16k I United Explorer 15k I Chase Business Ink Cash 12k I Wells Fargo 2.5k I Bill Me Later 7k I Amazon 3.5k

Current Scores:
(TU) 813, (EQ) 786
Goal Score: 820
Message 14 of 27
Pupeitmeister
Valued Contributor

I have 4, all done 20 years ago or longer.. (first one when I was 15, my mom had a platinum cow when she saw it)

1.  Bulldog on my back, size of a silver dollar, with his tongue sticking out...

2.  Eagle on my right shoulder

3.  Thorn wrap, with my  name in old english below it on my left shoulder

4.  old school gang symbol on my right wrist.  (I am no longer in a gang, and wish I had never done this)

All of mine were done in a state where tattooing was illegal, so all had to be done "on the sly".

The old school method was to take a tape deck motor, connect a sharpened guitar string to it, run the sharpened guitar string through an ink pen casing, and everything was done "single needle" with said sharpened guitar string.  Who was talking about pain for a tat?

Either way... I have some ideas to get my eagle reworked, I really like it, but I want a full color rendition/rework

My wife has the coolest tat ever on her foot and ankle:

OFFICIAL GARDEN START DATE: 10-05-2014... TARGET GARDEN END DATE: 06-01-2016 Lets Git 'r' dun
Message 15 of 27
Stralem
Established Contributor

I only have one tattoo right now, which is a custom Native American skull on my left shoulder. I'm not an exhibitionist by any stretch, but I love showing off my tat. Especially to the foreign girls at my university who think it's the coolest thing ever. Their eyes light up in the cutest mix of fear and curiosity you ever did saw.

...ahem...

Anyway, I also had several piercings not too long ago. A CBR in both lobes (12 guage), and a couple of rods in my left brow. Unfortunately, I had to take them out when I began working in an office setting. The Man didn't take too kindly to them.

I Have Way Too Many of These.

American Express - No CLI or Appreciation Gift in 7 Years

Citibank - Handing Out Credit Limits Like Candy

Chase - Surprisingly, Still Tolerating My Credit-Chasing Ways

Bank of America - My Newest Bae.

Everyone Else.
Message 16 of 27
grinlikechelsea
Established Contributor

@Stralem wrote:

I only have one tattoo right now, which is a custom Native American skull on my left shoulder. I'm not an exhibitionist by any stretch, but I love showing off my tat. Especially to the foreign girls at my university who think it's the coolest thing ever. Their eyes light up in the cutest mix of fear and curiosity you ever did saw.

...ahem...

Anyway, I also had several piercings not too long ago. A CBR in both lobes (12 guage), and a couple of rods in my left brow. Unfortunately, I had to take them out when I began working in an office setting. The Man didn't take too kindly to them.

That sounds like a pretty awesome tat! I didn't care for CBRs when I had them in my industrial. But hey, to each their own. Smiley Happy

Message 17 of 27
j_gizibe
Established Member

I have five pawprints on my upper right leg/thigh. Not visible unless I'm wearing short shorts or a short skirt. Definitely wouldn't be seen in a professional environment but I'm a writer so I guess that doesn't matter so much. LOL I used to want to be a administrative assistant.

I also have two tattoos (writings) on my wrists. Right wrist is my son's initials and birthday and left wrist was a big mistake--no, not my ex's name but it basically signified us.

In short, I wish I had never gotten any of them. *sighs*

ETA: I got these when I was 20. I'm 25 now.

Starting Score: 2/14 EX 619 EQ 679 TU 660 (all from myfico)
Current Score: 6/15 TU 671 (Discover) EQ 665 (Citi)

Chase Freedom $2,200 | BOA Cash Rewards $1,500 | Discover IT $7,500 | Citi Diamond Preferred $2,750 | Citi DoubleCash $1200 |Amex BCE $1,000 | Amazon Store Card $1,300 | Capital One QS1 $1,250| QS1 $1,250 | QS1 $1,250 | Care Credit $1,000 | Bill Me Later $840 |
Mercedes Benz Financial Car Loan - 2011 C300 - $524.33/Monthly 60 Month Loan 1.99% APR
Message 18 of 27
guiness56
Epic Contributor

I have one on my right lower leg.  Had it about 5 years now.  It is also my last one.  Too painful.  Got it when I was 53 or there abouts and in the military.

My daughter is covered in tattoos, literally.  She has around 40.  One covers her entire back, one is a half sleeve on her right arm, left arm is all covered, one covers her upper chest, one by her left ear, one on her left side, one on each of her legs from around her thigh to her knees. Her hands also have tattoos on them.  Can't remember all of them she has so many but she has been getting tattooed since she was 16 and is now 26.  No regrets at all and has never been told she could not show them during work.

Her most recent one is on the side of her head.

Most of them are skulls and flowers. 

Message 19 of 27
fltn
Frequent Contributor

@guiness56 wrote:

I have one on my right lower leg.  Had it about 5 years now.  It is also my last one.  Too painful.  Got it when I was 53 or there abouts and in the military.

My daughter is covered in tattoos, literally.  She has around 40.  One covers her entire back, one is a half sleeve on her right arm, left arm is all covered, one covers her upper chest, one by her left ear, one on her left side, one on each of her legs from around her thigh to her knees. Her hands also have tattoos on them.  Can't remember all of them she has so many but she has been getting tattooed since she was 16 and is now 26.  No regrets at all and has never been told she could not show them during work.

Her most recent one is on the side of her head.

Most of them are skulls and flowers. 

That sounds awesome. It's nice when you don't have to hide them for work.

The older I get 36 now, the more I want. I got my full sleeve done and now planning to get a half sleeve on my lower left arm, probably skulls and flowers.

Message 20 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.