Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who on these forums is like Me?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Who on these forums is like Me?

@Anonymous wrote:

If it were solely on looks I would never charge anything to my AMEX Everyday. I think it is the worst looking credit card I have ever seen. I keep it hidden in my wallet behind my business cards. 

you obviously never seen ventureone card in person, if you did, you'd think your amex everday card is B-E-A-Utiful.

Message 21 of 55
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

If it were solely on looks I would never charge anything to my AMEX Everyday. I think it is the worst looking credit card I have ever seen. I keep it hidden in my wallet behind my business cards. 

you obviously never seen ventureone card in person, if you did, you'd think your amex everday card is B-E-A-Utiful.

Hahaha, I haven't seen one in person, but now I have to!

Message 22 of 55
wacdenney
Valued Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

Rewards First, Card looks 2nd!

AARP at age 33!!

Our 2 biggest expenses = Restaurant #1 and Groceries #2

This is me.  Rewards trumps prestige every time.  I would love to be able to use my sexy black metal Marriott card more but dining and gas are my 2 biggest categories so I find myself using AARP most.

Message 23 of 55
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Yikes, that thing does look terrible. Not sure what era you are from but this reminds me of something from the show that was on PBS when I was a kid called "Where in the world is Carmen SanDiego"... 

Message 24 of 55
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Yikes, that thing does look terrible. Not sure what era you are from but this reminds me of something from the show that was on PBS when I was a kid called "Where in the world is Carmen SanDiego"... 

the picture doesn't do justice of how terrible it looks, it's reflective. All I gotta say is that I'm glad capital one decided to come up with new design, so no one has to suffer carrying this card.

Message 25 of 55
JoshNurse
Frequent Contributor

Credit addict.. You said you got the aarp at age 33. Is this I type of card I should get before hitting that age?

Please send a link to the card.
Message 26 of 55
MoreRewards
Established Contributor

Nope not like that. If its not a rewards card I'm not interested. I am happy with my scores too but rewards are important when making purchases.

EQ 773 * EX 786 * TU 797
Message 27 of 55
wacdenney
Valued Contributor

@JoshNurse wrote:
Credit addict.. You said you got the aarp at age 33. Is this I type of card I should get before hitting that age?

You do not have to be an AARP member to get the card.  It earns 3% on gas and dining and 1% on everything else uncapped with a $20 redemption threshold.  I believe the signup bonus is $100 back after $500 spend in the first three months.  There is also a travel version of the card I believe with a different rewards structure, but I've never seen anyone who actually had the travel version.

When you apply just leave the field for AARP member number blank.

http://www.aarpcreditcard.com/Default

Message 28 of 55
Brusilov
Established Contributor

@wacdenney wrote:

@JoshNurse wrote:

You do not have to be an AARP member to get the card.  It earns 3% on gas and dining and 1% on everything else uncapped with a $20 redemption threshold.  I believe the signup bonus is $100 back after $500 spend in the first three months.  There is also a travel version of the card I believe with a different rewards structure, but I've never seen anyone who actually had the travel version.

When you apply just leave the field for AARP member number blank.

http://www.aarpcreditcard.com/Default

I think the AARP card is maybe one of the few (only) cards that I would feel somewhat awkward handing to someone.

Message 29 of 55
wacdenney
Valued Contributor

@MoreRewards wrote:

Nope not like that. If its not a rewards card I'm not interested. I am happy with my scores too but rewards are important when making purchases.

I can't go this extreme either.  I do carry other cards that serve other purposes besides rewards.  My CSP for example is to facilitate the transfer of UR points earned at 5% on Freedom to my Marriott account.  I also have 2 BT cards that I never closed after the BTs were paid off.  Then there's my CU cards with super low APRs that I use to park short term balances on.

I do have elements to my strategy that go beyond rewards, but rewards does remain my primary focus.

Message 30 of 55
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.