Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who on these forums is like Me?

tag
JoshNurse
Frequent Contributor

Re: Who on these forums is like Me?

I must be the only one lol.

Maybe I should start caring about points. The free movie tickets sounded good. I also got $450 free from chase rewards so I guess I do like points
Message 11 of 55
Jaylima91
Established Contributor

It's a little different for me. I'm in it for the benefits. The rewards are a bonus.
Message 12 of 55
Membersince2013
Valued Contributor

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Membersince2013 wrote:

Lol...I think almost everyone here has the strategy of attaining cards simply for rewards. Hell, every card i have is a rewards card...Wait, except the Slate. I hate looking at it. It makes me sad.

presently my plan is CSP+EDP+INK plus for everything!! Its all about rewards for me presently trying to find airline/hotel partners that give me best value. Presently Korean Air is showing some nice value for some vacation places I wouldn't mind visiting 45k RT Business from JFK to Maui for one, and second first clas from JFK to BKK  for 170k which is a decent deal, since tickets normally go for nearly 20k :-)

Really?  That's pretty SWEET. Wait, why do you want to go to Bangkok though? A friend told me its "worse" than the redlight district in Amsterdam, but the good part is that you're allowed to bring your phone in Bangkok. Maui looks great. You've just given me an idea for my next unplanned vacation. Where do you plan on staying? You probably already know, but Hilton has some really great point value during off peak seasons. With the EDP, you're pretty much set. It won't hurt to add a Hilton Surpass though.

Arrival+ | Barclaycard Rewards Mastercard | Citi Double Cash | CapOne QS (2) | Citi Diamond P | Freedom | Fidelity Amex | Amex Plat | Old Blue Cash | PRG | SPG | BCP | HHonors Surpass | Cap1 Venture | Discover | CSP | Cap1 Venture1 | BOA CR&TR (2) | Ritz Carlton | Southwest Rapid Rewards | Hyatt (2) | US Airways Mastercard (2) | Wells Fargo Rewards Visa | Marriott Premier (2) |

Fico Scores as of 2/21/15 - EX: total crap, TU: total crap, EQ: total crap
Message 13 of 55
Membersince2013
Valued Contributor

@JoshNurse wrote:
I must be the only one lol.

Maybe I should start caring about points. The free movie tickets sounded good. I also got $450 free from chase rewards so I guess I do like points

Well, maybe i can figure out why you don't really care about points...hmmm

What kind of nurse are you? RN? NP?

Arrival+ | Barclaycard Rewards Mastercard | Citi Double Cash | CapOne QS (2) | Citi Diamond P | Freedom | Fidelity Amex | Amex Plat | Old Blue Cash | PRG | SPG | BCP | HHonors Surpass | Cap1 Venture | Discover | CSP | Cap1 Venture1 | BOA CR&TR (2) | Ritz Carlton | Southwest Rapid Rewards | Hyatt (2) | US Airways Mastercard (2) | Wells Fargo Rewards Visa | Marriott Premier (2) |

Fico Scores as of 2/21/15 - EX: total crap, TU: total crap, EQ: total crap
Message 14 of 55
-Cal-
Valued Contributor

@Jaylima91 wrote:
It's a little different for me. I'm in it for the benefits. The rewards are a bonus.

You're right the benefits are also a big thing, especially the Amex Platinum. Its the only reason I have it.

Message 15 of 55
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Rewards First, Card looks 2nd!

AARP at age 33!!

Our 2 biggest expenses = Restaurant #1 and Groceries #2

Message 16 of 55
rockup55
Contributor

Its only about the rewards for me.  If a debit card paid reward points and would improve your credit score from using it, I would not own a single credit card.  I can pretty much pay cash for anything I want so although I have five credit cards that I use extensively, I rarely charge anything on a credit card that I cannot pay off by the next statement.  Credit cards for me are something I use strickly to to get discounts on things I buy via the reward points and at the same time provide a vehicle to improve my credit score from using it and always paying on time.  My bias is to stay totally  out of debt except for very big ticket items like a house or car.

Message 17 of 55
Anonymous
Not applicable

Rewards and benefits are all I really care about. Well, I'd technically not use debit cards too often even if I got better rewards because of security issues. I feel safer using a credit card over a check or debit card where my bank information is more vulnerable. Steal my credit card info and I can dispute the charges without losing money from my bank. Debit cards might let me dispute to a lesser extent, but the money is already out of my control and I lose temporary (or permanent) access to it. 

I don't care too much about showing people a prestigious credit card. My friends and family know my financial situation. My colleagues know roughly what I earn. I am not too worried about how a person who swipes my card interprets my financial situation based on the card I use. On a first date type situation, I might be tempted to pull out a more prestigious card, but I generally use my CSP for dining rewards and I have never felt the need to pull a different card out. 

Message 18 of 55
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@Membersince2013 wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Membersince2013 wrote:

Lol...I think almost everyone here has the strategy of attaining cards simply for rewards. Hell, every card i have is a rewards card...Wait, except the Slate. I hate looking at it. It makes me sad.

presently my plan is CSP+EDP+INK plus for everything!! Its all about rewards for me presently trying to find airline/hotel partners that give me best value. Presently Korean Air is showing some nice value for some vacation places I wouldn't mind visiting 45k RT Business from JFK to Maui for one, and second first clas from JFK to BKK  for 170k which is a decent deal, since tickets normally go for nearly 20k :-)

Really?  That's pretty SWEET. Wait, why do you want to go to Bangkok though? A friend told me its "worse" than the redlight district in Amsterdam, but the good part is that you're allowed to bring your phone in Bangkok. Maui looks great. You've just given me an idea for my next unplanned vacation. Where do you plan on staying? You probably already know, but Hilton has some really great point value during off peak seasons. With the EDP, you're pretty much set. It won't hurt to add a Hilton Surpass though.

I just came back from bangkok in september, i have family that lives in BKK. Pat Pong used to be pretty bad rep about being red light district, i don't thnk its that way anymore. I was in that area eating at one of the hotels that have singapore chicken and rice pretty delicious. The food is really nice in thailand you can't even compare american thai food with the real thing. 

When it comes to maui i would have to tihnk really really hard about using my UR points to book andaz maui :-) 

EDP i am still trying to determine what i would use them for , i could transfer to avios for an quick trip down to carribbean its 20k RT from NYC to either Grand Cayman or Puerto Rico, i wouldn't mind doing that, finding an hotel down there thats less than 500 an night would be my biggest issue. 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 19 of 55
Anonymous
Not applicable

If it were solely on looks I would never charge anything to my AMEX Everyday. I think it is the worst looking credit card I have ever seen. I keep it hidden in my wallet behind my business cards. 

Message 20 of 55
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.