Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who took away my ranking?? :o

tag
Luscher
Valued Contributor

Re: Who took away my ranking?? :o

Darn, I have never been demoted before......until now!
CHASE FREEDOM | AMEX BCE | | BOFA REWARDS | CITI TYP | Quicksilver | DISCOVER IT | Sallie Mae | CHASE CSP
--------$32,000-------------$30,000-----------$30,000-----------$30,000-----$13,000---------$18,200----------$15,000---------$6,500----

FICO - TU: 780 EX: 784 EQ: 781
Message 41 of 113
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Forum Rank downgrade?

I just got a PM that read...

Congratulations, jsucool76!

As the result of your contributions to the community, you have earned a new rank. Your new rank is New Member.

We appreciate your efforts and hope you will continue to be an active member of the community.

Thanks!

The myFICO® Forums Team

Up until an hour ago I was a super contributor. What's up with that? 

Message 42 of 113
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Forum Rank downgrade?

@jsucool76 wrote:

I just got a PM that read...

Congratulations, jsucool76!

As the result of your contributions to the community, you have earned a new rank. Your new rank is New Member.

We appreciate your efforts and hope you will continue to be an active member of the community.

Thanks!

The myFICO® Forums Team

Up until an hour ago I was a super contributor. What's up with that? 

geez. well it does show Member now at least, not with New.  Wonder why no mods have chimed in yet?  You have given some great advice to me!

Message 43 of 113
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Burned2manybridgesB4 wrote:

Just means certain people will have to double their 'congrats' postings to make up lost numbers.

LOL aint that the truth.  That kills me when I go into the approvals section and see the same user name down the right column for every single thread with a "congrats!!!" posted in every thread.  Gotta love hammering that post count!  Wait, maybe that was the glitch... maybe all posts 3 words or less don't count anymore. 

Message 44 of 113
jsucool76
Super Contributor

I'd like to point out, I don't post congrats, like ever. XD waste of a post unless you put something useful in there.
Message 45 of 113
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@brutal the forum ranking is a way of showing your done something for/dedicated a lot of time to the forum. It means something to a lot of us. I get coldnmn's frustration.
Message 46 of 113
joltdude
Senior Contributor

i think the real problem is being so demoted that you cant do certain things.. thought new visitor couldnt post a sig

Message 47 of 113
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jsucool76 wrote:
@brutal the forum ranking is a way of showing your done something for/dedicated a lot of time to the forum. It means something to a lot of us. I get coldnmn's frustration.

I mean I get being a little frustrated, but not to the point of "I'm done posting here" and storming off over a glitch.  I'm a member of another forum where my total post count from nearly a decade is either #4 or #5 out of all members and if I logged in tomorrow and my post count was reset or something it wouldn't stop me from posting; it's the content that matters and should be the reason why people participate IMO.

I honestly don't even look at rankings on here, nor do I know the order they go in.  On many occasions I've gotten more of out someone with 100 posts on here than someone with 10,000.  In fact, there's one member on here with 16k or 18k posts that I'm sure has a great "rank" but I absolutely cannot stand ANY of their posts regardless of how much they have "contributed" to the community.

Different strokes for different folks I suppose.  I just don't see the need to get yourself all worked up over a glitch.  Whatever caused it I'm sure can be rectified in time; no need to boycott the forum in the meantime.

Message 48 of 113
Anonymous
Not applicable

@joltdude wrote:

i think the real problem is being so demoted that you cant do certain things.. thought new visitor couldnt post a sig

Now that I can understand.  I didn't even know that different rankings meant users being allowed to do different (more) things. 

Message 49 of 113
Anonymous
Not applicable

Everyone needs to calm down! It will work itself out!
Message 50 of 113
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.