cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why doesn't "big tobacco" get into the CC biz???

Regular Contributor

Re: Why doesn't "big tobacco" get into the CC biz???


ryanbush wrote:

Open123 wrote:

Wolf3 wrote:

Open123 wrote:

Hahaha...5X points on cigarette purchases, but warehouses and superstores excluded.

 

Edit - How about a Vice card?  Bonus points on alcohol, tobacco and firearms purchases.


Even Worse!


LOL...look on the bright side, at least bonus spending on "questionable" internet purchases has been excluded, in case Amex wants to offer a new VR (Vice Rewards) Card.


haha what's next bonus points on porn and adult entertainment establishments!!


don't forget gambling! Smiley LOL


Last app 5/7/2014

No apps until 3/31/2016!
Message 11 of 34
Super Contributor

Re: Why doesn't "big tobacco" get into the CC biz???


mirachi wrote:

ryanbush wrote:

Open123 wrote:

Wolf3 wrote:

Open123 wrote:

Hahaha...5X points on cigarette purchases, but warehouses and superstores excluded.

 

Edit - How about a Vice card?  Bonus points on alcohol, tobacco and firearms purchases.


Even Worse!


LOL...look on the bright side, at least bonus spending on "questionable" internet purchases has been excluded, in case Amex wants to offer a new VR (Vice Rewards) Card.


haha what's next bonus points on porn and adult entertainment establishments!!


don't forget gambling! Smiley LOL


Clearly, this card appears to be specifically targetted towards the male demographic.

Message 12 of 34
Regular Contributor

Re: Why doesn't "big tobacco" get into the CC biz???


Open123 wrote:

mirachi wrote:

ryanbush wrote:

Open123 wrote:

Wolf3 wrote:

Open123 wrote:

Hahaha...5X points on cigarette purchases, but warehouses and superstores excluded.

 

Edit - How about a Vice card?  Bonus points on alcohol, tobacco and firearms purchases.


Even Worse!


LOL...look on the bright side, at least bonus spending on "questionable" internet purchases has been excluded, in case Amex wants to offer a new VR (Vice Rewards) Card.


haha what's next bonus points on porn and adult entertainment establishments!!


don't forget gambling! Smiley LOL


Clearly, this card appears to be specifically targetted towards the male demographic.


lol as a female, I must say, I am utterly offended! 

 

edit: realized I sounded more offended than I really was >__<


Last app 5/7/2014

No apps until 3/31/2016!
Message 13 of 34
Super Contributor

Re: Why doesn't "big tobacco" get into the CC biz???


mirachi wrote:

lol as a female, I must say, I am utterly offended! 

 

edit: realized I sounded more offended than I really was >__<


This has turned into one of the most comical threads I've read in a long time.  LOL

Message 14 of 34
Super Contributor

Re: Why doesn't "big tobacco" get into the CC biz???


Wolf3 wrote:

Open123 wrote:

Hahaha...5X points on cigarette purchases, but warehouses and superstores excluded.

 

Edit - How about a Vice card?  Bonus points on alcohol, tobacco and firearms purchases.


Even Worse!


Would you feel differently if the card offered a high CL, 0% APR for 24 months, 0% balance transfer fee, and $150 statement credit after first...er..."qualified" purchase?

Message 15 of 34
Valued Contributor

Re: Why doesn't "big tobacco" get into the CC biz???


ryanbush wrote:


it didn't take long for you to prove me right... so lets get this straight you hate Cigs, Guns, and alcohol....  now i don't know wether to laugh or feel bad for how sorry day to day life must be for you


Well I do not do any of those things and I am okay with life. To others, it may seem lame to read a novel/encyclopedia or watch nature, instead of getting drunk or something. I, however, like it very much. Anyway, just saying that you do not need to like the things you mentioned to have a happy life. You are more than welcome to participate in those things, though.

Message 16 of 34
Frequent Contributor

Re: Why doesn't "big tobacco" get into the CC biz???

Maybe an ATF co-branded card.  Like 1% on basic purchases and you get to pick two bonus categories: Alcohol, tobacco or firearms.    Your AF could be an NRA membership renewal and your anniversary bonus is a 100 rounds of your choice, a BevMo card or Joe Camel bucks.


GangnamFICO wrote:

Because the chicks dig it when I throw down the card to the waiter and...it comes in handy if I'm short on cash until payday and need a short spot. AMEX gets the booty, and that's important when you're a Pirate.


Minor vulgarity edit --Rev



Message 17 of 34
Super Contributor

Re: Why doesn't "big tobacco" get into the CC biz???

With a free subscriptioin to either Soldier of Fortune or DuckHunter Magazine.

Message 18 of 34
Valued Contributor

Re: Why doesn't "big tobacco" get into the CC biz???


navigatethis12 wrote:

ryanbush wrote:


it didn't take long for you to prove me right... so lets get this straight you hate Cigs, Guns, and alcohol....  now i don't know wether to laugh or feel bad for how sorry day to day life must be for you


Well I do not do any of those things and I am okay with life. To others, it may seem lame to read a novel/encyclopedia or watch nature, instead of getting drunk or something. I, however, like it very much. Anyway, just saying that you do not need to like the things you mentioned to have a happy life. You are more than welcome to participate in those things, though.


I don't smoke, very rarely do indulge in alcohol, guns on the other hand are a hobby of mine....  i also like to study history.... my point was that if you go around hating on smokers, drinkers, and shooters you have bigger problems and most likely hate life in general 

Chase Sapphire Perferred | Chase Freedom | AMEX Platinum | AMEX Delta Platinum | AMEX SPG | Capital One Venture | Capital One Quicksliver | Discover IT | ABFCU Visa | Citi AA WEMC
Message 19 of 34
Super Contributor

Re: Why doesn't "big tobacco" get into the CC biz???


ryanbush wrote:

I don't smoke, very rarely do indulge in alcohol, guns on the other hand are a hobby of mine.... 


 

Well, unless we repeal the 2nd Amendment, your hobby is safe.  

 

Interestingly enough--keeping in theme with this thread--the only Amendment ever repealed was the one prohibiting alcohol.

Message 20 of 34