cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is the AMEX BCE Card so Fugly???

tag
thom02099
Valued Contributor

Re: Why is the AMEX BCE Card so Fugly???

@GalaxyStars wrote:

I disagree completely.

Of course to each his own, but to me Amex BCE is the coolest looking card, who has ever seen any clear card? The way people look at it when I swipe it or hand it to them shows it's rare occurrence.

Out of all my cards, I would say Amex BCE is the coolest looking. Now I do think Discover it cards are cool looking as well.

Uhhh...the AMEX Clear card was...clear.Smiley Surprised

And yes, it was ahead of it's time in aesthetics.  Too bad the rewards weren't as stellar.  

Message 11 of 16
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

I thought the BCE was a completely clear card, but mine has a frosted look at the top and it fades to a completely clear bottom.  Is everyone elses like that?

Mine is that way as well, although now that it's showing some wear from being used it's a bit more difficult to tell.  Smiley Very Happy

Message 12 of 16
alkaline
Regular Contributor

The standard issue BCE with the small chip is a pretty flimsy card... The dual interface card is thicker and feels a lot sturdier. Smiley Happy

Message 13 of 16
Turbobuick
Established Contributor

The clear background with silver print makes it hard to see for older eyes. It's the only card I have that requires me to either have ideal lighting or my reading glasses when using the card for online purchases. Smiley Tongue

Message 14 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I gotta go with those disagreeing with the OP.  The BCE is probably the most unique of the cards I have so it's a nice change to look at.

Message 15 of 16
mitchblue
Valued Contributor

BCP is the same and I like it. But I do have to hold it up into the light to read it.

FICO® 8 Scores 821 FICO® 9 Equifax 826 (Updated 02-7-23)
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.