Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is the AMEX BCE Card so Fugly???

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Why is the AMEX BCE Card so Fugly???

I got my BCE in the mail the other day and man oh man is this a cheap looking credit card.  What gives?  I guess I kinda assumed it would be super awesome looking.  Have other cards that look and feel way better!!!  No one has touched the Discover delivery experience.  At least they did give me their lowest APR and I know they give nice SP CLIs  thanks to you all.  But its not really a card I want to carry in my wallet.  

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
Discover2016
Valued Contributor

Re: Why is the AMEX BCE Card so Fugly???

This is definitely a YMMV type thing, I think the BCE is a beauty, since I have always liked transparent things lol. Although it only stays a beauty if you don't use it lol, it scuffs up very easily.

Gardening until September 2025
Next app: Mortgage in September 2025
Message 2 of 16
Closingracer99
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I got my BCE in the mail the other day and man oh man is this a cheap looking credit card.  What gives?  I guess I kinda assumed it would be super awesome looking.  Have other cards that look and feel way better!!!  No one has touched the Discover delivery experience.  At least they did give me their lowest APR and I know they give nice SP CLIs  thanks to you all.  But its not really a card I want to carry in my wallet.  

I like the card imo.... 

As far as delivery goes I go with the Citi Thank you premier. Came in a nice box and everything.

My Cards: Amex BCE: $9,000, Amex Hilton HHonors: $2,000, Amex ED: $12,000, Barclays NFL extra points: $3,000, Bank of America MLB cash rewards: $17,000, BBVA compass NBA Amex triple double rewards: $17,000, Chase Amazon: $1,000, Chase Freedom: $9,000, Chase Sapphire: $5,000, Chase Slate: $5,000, Chase Disney: $4,000, Citi Double Cash: $5,400, Citi AA plat: $5,500, Citi Simplicity: $3,000, Citi Thank you preferred: $8,800, Capital one GM: $2,000, Capital one PlayStation: $3,000, Gamestop: $1,150, Amazon Store: $5,000, Ebay MasterCard: $5,000, American Eagle Storecard: $750, Macy's: $500
EX: 744, TU:750, EQ: 740
Message 3 of 16
redpat
Senior Contributor

Wow, pretty superficial.  I assume you didn't get the card for looks anyway but for the CB rewards.

BTW if you really like presentation get the citi prestige, united club or chase ritz, it will knock your socks off compared to discover, lol!

Personal Cards: Amex Plat | Amex Delta Res | CSR | Citi AA Exec Business Cards: Ink+ | Amex BGR
Message 4 of 16
redpat
Senior Contributor

@Discover2016 wrote:

This is definitely a YMMV type thing, I think the BCE is a beauty, since I have always liked transparent things lol. Although it only stays a beauty if you don't use it lol, it scuffs up very easily.

Yep, my EDP is scuffed to crap because of usage and I love it.......

Personal Cards: Amex Plat | Amex Delta Res | CSR | Citi AA Exec Business Cards: Ink+ | Amex BGR
Message 5 of 16
Closingracer99
Valued Contributor

@redpat wrote:

Wow, pretty superficial.  I assume you didn't get the card for looks anyway but for the CB rewards.

BTW if really like presentation get the citi prestige, united club or chase ritz, it will knock your socks of compared to discover, lol!

Well if you're spending $400 + a year on AF's it better lol

My Cards: Amex BCE: $9,000, Amex Hilton HHonors: $2,000, Amex ED: $12,000, Barclays NFL extra points: $3,000, Bank of America MLB cash rewards: $17,000, BBVA compass NBA Amex triple double rewards: $17,000, Chase Amazon: $1,000, Chase Freedom: $9,000, Chase Sapphire: $5,000, Chase Slate: $5,000, Chase Disney: $4,000, Citi Double Cash: $5,400, Citi AA plat: $5,500, Citi Simplicity: $3,000, Citi Thank you preferred: $8,800, Capital one GM: $2,000, Capital one PlayStation: $3,000, Gamestop: $1,150, Amazon Store: $5,000, Ebay MasterCard: $5,000, American Eagle Storecard: $750, Macy's: $500
EX: 744, TU:750, EQ: 740
Message 6 of 16
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I agree. I was shocked when I received it. Can't Amex afford real plastic?

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 7 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I thought the BCE was a completely clear card, but mine has a frosted look at the top and it fades to a completely clear bottom.  Is everyone elses like that?

Message 8 of 16
GalaxyStars
Regular Contributor

I disagree completely.

Of course to each his own, but to me Amex BCE is the coolest looking card, who has ever seen any clear card? The way people look at it when I swipe it or hand it to them shows it's rare occurrence.

Out of all my cards, I would say Amex BCE is the coolest looking. Now I do think Discover it cards are cool looking as well.

Message 9 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@GalaxyStars wrote:

I disagree completely.

Of course to each his own, but to me Amex BCE is the coolest looking card, who has ever seen any clear card? The way people look at it when I swipe it or hand it to them shows it's rare occurrence.

Out of all my cards, I would say Amex BCE is the coolest looking. Now I do think Discover it cards are cool looking as well.

+1 when I was dining out with my friends in college, they were really liked the AMEX design. Made the card stand out from the cards that are not clear?

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.