cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why the resurrection of ancient threads?

tag
aw1

Why the resurrection of ancient threads?

Just posting a general annoyance, statement/question - but first an introduction. I've been lurking and absorbing information for the past year. I love these forums and all the knowledge is beyond amazing. 

So, what's with all these threads being resurrected? It's so annoying when I click a thread and begin reading only to notice it's years old! Does this happen to anyone else? 

When I first came here I read and read until my eyes hurt. I suspect a lot of people aren't bothering to read the sticky's and just jump right in. Anyway, this is a trivial rant just wondering if anyone else is experiencing the same thing. 

Thanks to all the people posting helpful information, it's been invaluable while I rebuild my DH's credit and it will be useful as I now tackle my own! 

I may post a rebuild success later this evening if I can form it all into coherent sentences! 

Peace ya'll! Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Why the resurrection of ancient threads?

It happens all the time.  Many will still post to an old thread which is ok.  Most of the time I don't think they realize the dates on them.

I've been on here 5 years and still read old threads.  There is a lot of useful information in them and I haven't read them all.

Message 2 of 4
aw1

I absolutely agree Guiness. One of my favorite things to do is search for anything I'm wondering about.

The annoying ones are when people begin replying and carrying on the thread as if it's current. You're right, seems they don't check the dates.

I can understand to a point because when I first came here I would get so nervous and excited because I never knew all this great stuff about credit! 

Message 3 of 4
Dustink
Valued Contributor

I think what happens is people find the thread in a google search or similar and then just reply to it. Generally yes, a lack of reading the date I suspect.

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.