Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifes purse stolen :(

tag
Kirmie2010
Established Contributor

Re: Wifes purse stolen :(

Wow, either my freaking out on the rep for 10 minutes on the phone helped or their explaination via phone is horrible (timeframe they give for things to get fixed).  CreditOne already reversed every charge, the cards back to its full 600 limit available already.  All other cards still have the charges pending or posted to the accounts.  I am sure the paperwork they sent is still in the mail but I always heard the charges were removed AFTER you sent in the paperwork not the next morning after you call.

Yeah I wouldnt mind theives hands gettin the chop or the facial brands.  Better deterrant than a slap on the wrist.

Atleast things are moving forward, we realized we cant rekey the house (no money) so just being careful and when im not at home they are using one of those door bar locks.  Figured I can cut the top of my car key off, glue it to the inside of steering column so i dont need a transmitter in all of the keys, I can just get a regular key cut to match and as long as the top of my main key is glued inside the car, itll still start.  Dont figure snatch and grabs would try home invasion or car theft but who knows, crackheads do weird things.

Thanks for readin Smiley Happy

*edit*
I wonder if we get to keep the cash back rewards earned on all the theft as a pity from the CC companies Smiley Tongue

Message 11 of 19
Kirmie2010
Established Contributor

Anywho, dont know if anyone was reading this but an update.

Chase has fully reversed all charges and we have the new cards, available balance is as it should be.

CreditOne reversed all charges then re applied them (pending to gone to post 3 days later) So the charges are still there, there was even a new one (wasnt there before) for a gas station charge a day after the card was reported stolen.  (go figure)

CapitalOne reversed the charges but it has not posted so our available balance is still non existant.

Doesnt look like they will be replacing my daughters missing SSDI money from her directexpress card anytime soon.  (atleast it sounded that way on the phone, its a long drawn out process theyve outlined for reporting fraud, we already did  just waiting for paperwork to sign now)

Our EBT card was safe, rep told us you MUST use a pin no exceptions.  (I thought they were wrong since the tri met machine requires no security feature input at all but all the moneys still on it)

Daughter just realized today that her money being stolen meant that its gone gone gone and we arnt going to replace it for her. (our moneys gone too)

She wasnt very happy about that Smiley Tongue  But I am glad she finally realized that what happen was also to her as well.

Other than that, anyone know a  type store that sells thin sheets of metal with adhesive backing?  Not something for a kids sticker book but something a little more industrial.  I am going to just stick round metal stickers over all the key holes on the car so I can undo later.  (making it so no keys open the car from the outside, only able to open doors with remote keyless entry or the number code on the door)  Then I can quit hopping up every time I hear a noise in the driveway.  I can look online eventually but would like something local.  (id go walking to look but my knee is disagreeing with walking this week)

Thanks Smiley Very Happy

Ive also come to the conclusion I wont be keeping my CreditOne or CapitalOne cards once paid off.  Probably wont ever have to go through this hassle again but if I do, I want all my card companies to be as good as Chase.

Message 12 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am following...  I am glad all the charges have been reversed.  What a headache it must be for you.  But good job taking action quickly..

Message 13 of 19
Momof5
Frequent Contributor

Surprised they managed to spend so much....

The contents of my wallet was stolen at a hotel.  Noticed it at 0500 the day of my son's graduation.  Called all CCs at 0500.  Immediately called EQ to place fraud alert which they then notified all the other bureaus.  The only fraud line not open was Chevron.  The thief got 1 tank of gas.  That's it.  They also applied for credit (Barclay) and th FA notified me promptly, so I stopped the apps in their tracks and got the INQs deleted.

Sorry so much happened to you!

Starting Score: 472
Current Score: EQ:703 TU: 729 EX:737
Goal Score: 750

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 14 of 19
Kirmie2010
Established Contributor

Chase is still the only company that has reversed everything =/

Yeah it took "us" over 4 hours to report all cards stolen and that was with both of us calling places at the same time.  (Chase was the only company that let us report the fraudulent charges right then instead of waiting 2 days for them to post, I can see why they did it though, half the charges never posted after 2 days)

I was kind of surprised as well since the purse was only gone 20 minutes and where they maxed all the cards was about a 15 minute drive.  Figuring they have done it before, got the purse and made a beeline for the tri met machine.  Then charged their gas fillup on our card when they were finished maxing them all out.

Thanks Smiley Happy  WIll update this thread whenever they fix all of this!

Message 15 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the update.  Sure hope everything works out for you guys.  

Message 16 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow, good luck getting everything resolved.
Message 17 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thats a shame.
Message 18 of 19
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

wow..
I am SO sorry this happened to you!! What a nightmare! Smiley Sad
Im glad things are getting reversed.

Keep your head up!
Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.