Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifes purse stolen :(

tag
Kirmie2010
Established Contributor

Wifes purse stolen :(

Was painting at my grandmas, werent more than 20 feet from her purse, 20 minutes before we finished it was just gone.  

There went 200 dollars, theyve already charged about 900 to her cards and were in process of cancelling them. (Cap1 cancelled 1 after the first 300 in purchases thankfully)

I hate this crap, its aggravating!  Now have to replace social cards, IDs, change locks on house, watch car cause im not changing those locks, we cant check the mail until we get that rekeyed (hopefully they dont steal the mail)

I am just pissed Smiley Tongue  Not so much that they stole all our cash for the next week and used all her cards but I dont like having to deal with this aggravating crap.

Anywho, just venting.  Not a happy camper today.  

*edit*

Reporting comenity cards as stolen, easy.  Reporting Cap1 cards as stolen, a little bit of a process.  Reporting stolen with CreditOne is an affadavit, 2 weeks of work and no reversing of charges until they receive the mailed to us and mailed back affadavit.  

I hate creditones CS.  I dont know how many times I told him our keys were stolen and we cannot get our mail and he just kept saying youll receive it in the mail in about a week.  Wouldnt transfer to a supervisor.  Done venting for today, time to clean out the car so they cant steal anything out of it then disconnect battery so they cant drive off with it.  Cant do anything about the house today, will have to pay 200 or so to have locks changed tomorrow.  YAY~!  

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Wifes purse stolen :(

@japakar wrote:

Was painting at my grandmas, werent more than 20 feet from her purse, 20 minutes before we finished it was just gone.  

There went 200 dollars, theyve already charged about 900 to her cards and were in process of cancelling them. (Cap1 cancelled 1 after the first 300 in purchases thankfully)

I hate this crap, its aggravating!  Now have to replace social cards, IDs, change locks on house, watch car cause im not changing those locks, we cant check the mail until we get that rekeyed (hopefully they dont steal the mail)

I am just pissed Smiley Tongue  Not so much that they stole all our cash for the next week and used all her cards but I dont like having to deal with this aggravating crap.

Anywho, just venting.  Not a happy camper today.  

*edit*

Reporting comenity cards as stolen, easy.  Reporting Cap1 cards as stolen, a little bit of a process.  Reporting stolen with CreditOne is an affadavit, 2 weeks of work and no reversing of charges until they receive the mailed to us and mailed back affadavit.  

I hate creditones CS.  I dont know how many times I told him our keys were stolen and we cannot get our mail and he just kept saying youll receive it in the mail in about a week.  Wouldnt transfer to a supervisor.  Done venting for today, time to clean out the car so they cant steal anything out of it then disconnect battery so they cant drive off with it.  Cant do anything about the house today, will have to pay 200 or so to have locks changed tomorrow.  YAY~!  

Bummer! So sorry you have to go through all of this. Did you check with your homeowners insurance to see if anything is covered?

Message 2 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry to hear... It is OK to vent.  Hopefully, everything is resolved quickly.

Message 3 of 19
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Don't forget to file a police report!

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 4 of 19
aav
Established Contributor

My wallet was stolen from my classroom by a former student. Amex relaxed the card overnight which was amazing. Everyone else came in several days to a week. My hubby was out of town and I couldn't get cash from any of our accounts. It was a real pain getting everything replaced, especially my birth card (certificate) which was made of plastic and something my county doesn't make any longer. Knowing who stole my card didn't make it easier. he got away with it even though he was seen on camera entering and exiting my room and placing the wallet in his pants. I'm sorry this happened to you!
EQ - 834 TU - 823 EX - 822
Amex NPSL Amex BCP - 25,000, Amex EDC - 12000, Diner's Club Premier -35,000, Ritz Carlton - 22,500 Discover 25,100, Chase Reserve -31,000 Total Rewards 13200, Barclay 10000 Citi Diamond P 8,900
Message 5 of 19
Kirmie2010
Established Contributor

We sent off an email to homeowners to see if anything can be covered.  Filed a police report online.  Kind of weird, I thought you would talk to someone but you call non emergency, they tell you to go to a website to file a stolen items report, you file that online and they get back to you within 5 days if it was approved and in the approval will h ave your info and case number.  

Yeah, extra bummer, forgot I added her to some of my actual cards as well not just the store cards.  Atleast Chase is quick and easy to deal with.  They went over limit on that card as well.  Glad I already paid  rent atleast, thats a positive and none of my checking/savings cards were in her purse.

So other than replacing her social security card, ID, waiting for Credit Ones affadavit and monitoring her CRs like crazy I think were mostly done with having to deal with it.  Gah I write that and then remember I need to pay out the butt for a new key for the car and have the locks changed out tomorrow on the place and I am sure theres more I forgot.

Yay for savings!  Goodbye to savings!  Atleast we learned a lesson Smiley Tongue  Dont bring any cards you dont need with you!  Would of been nice if we only had to replace her ID and things like that.

*edit*

Alright!  Found out I can put a fraud alert online!  Dont have to worry about her credit atleast.

Message 6 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry to hear.  Hope all works out okay.  They were pretty darn fast.  Yeah, the car key is a bummer.  Very expensive!  I stopped carrying a purse and just keep my 4 cc's in my iPhone case.  Always with me.  Worried about it disappearing in the store too.  I see they look through your stuff while your in the grocery store too!  

Message 7 of 19
Imhotrodcrazy
Valued Contributor

Sorry to hear about this,  I HATE thieves.  In my opinion they should cut their hands off.   (  I know, it is a bit harsh,  but that is how I feel )

FICO 08
TU 842 12/8/18
EX 840 12/29/18
EQ 842 12/8/18
(NASA 30K) ( Amex 44k ) ( Freedom 10.6K ) ( US Bank Cash+ 20k, LOC 15k ) Winners never quit, and quitters never win
last app 2/15
Message 8 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I completely agree! They should have their hands cut off! I would die if my purse was stolen.
Message 9 of 19
ilovelisa
Established Contributor

It's not just credit one that has to have an affidavit. PenFed did the same thing to me. They removed the charges 4 days after I sent it back.

Amex BCE $10,000 | BofA Power Rewards WMC $10,000 | Discover It $10,000 | ICBC Preferred Gold UnionPay $8,000 | Local CU Visa $3,500
Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.