MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Women Grow Bigger Brains Months After Giving Birth

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
demi
Established Contributor

Re: Women Grow Bigger Brains Months After Giving Birth

Not sure!  Have no kids, but people are always telling me I have a "Big head" LOL!

Starting Score: EQ 679, TU 697
Current Score: EQ 680, TU 672
Goal Score: EQ 720, TU 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 2 of 11
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@MarineVietVet wrote:

OK ladies is this true?

http://www.aolhealth.com/2010/10/22/woman-grow-bigger-brains-months-after-giving-birth/?icid=main|ma...

Absolutely.

In fact, the increased brain size is in direct proportion to the number of over-full laundry baskets and the layers of spit-up on shoulders. (And in hair, and on couches, and on urp towels, and on the cat, and on the bouncy chair, and on car seats, and on any other semi-stationary surface.)

It's in indirect proportion to the numbers of meals that feature scratch cooking and candles. Smiley Wink

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 3 of 11
Imhotrodcrazy
Valued Contributor

After all of those years,  I thought it was other things that grew bigger on  my wife when she had  our children.  Smiley Very Happy

FICO 08
TU 842 12/8/18
EX 840 12/29/18
EQ 842 12/8/18
(NASA 30K) ( Amex 44k ) ( Freedom 10.6K ) ( US Bank Cash+ 20k, LOC 15k ) Winners never quit, and quitters never win
last app 2/15
Message 4 of 11
daisyduke
Valued Contributor

Wait a minute, BRAINS? I thought we only had one brain? After childbirth,I did not choose to  enhance my brains!! Smiley Tongue

Starting Score: 682 EQ, 663 TU
Current Score: 687 EQ - 705 TU on 7/18/10
Goal Score: 700 + both EQ and TU

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 11
marty56
Super Contributor

@Imhotrodcrazy wrote:

After all of those years,  I thought it was other things that grew bigger on  my wife when she had  our children.  Smiley Very Happy

Danger Will Robinson, Danger Will Robinson.

1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 6 of 11
Imhotrodcrazy
Valued Contributor

@marty56 wrote:

@Imhotrodcrazy wrote:

Danger Will Robinson, Danger Will Robinson.

I remember watching that program,  Lost In Space.   I always liked the robot.

FICO 08
TU 842 12/8/18
EX 840 12/29/18
EQ 842 12/8/18
(NASA 30K) ( Amex 44k ) ( Freedom 10.6K ) ( US Bank Cash+ 20k, LOC 15k ) Winners never quit, and quitters never win
last app 2/15
Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@haulingthescoreup wrote:

@MarineVietVet wrote:

OK ladies is this true?

http://www.aolhealth.com/2010/10/22/woman-grow-bigger-brains-months-after-giving-birth/?icid=main|ma...

Absolutely.

In fact, the increased brain size is in direct proportion to the number of over-full laundry baskets and the layers of spit-up on shoulders. (And in hair, and on couches, and on urp towels, and on the cat, and on the bouncy chair, and on car seats, and on any other semi-stationary surface.)

It's in indirect proportion to the numbers of meals that feature scratch cooking and candles. Smiley Wink

Don't forget the increase in proportion to the number of diapers! With number 3 still in diapers, and the recent birth of number 4, I have recently been recruited by MENSA to give the keynote speech at the convention early next year...

Message 8 of 11
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Smiley Very Happy

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 9 of 11
fused
Moderator Emeritus

If only I had a brain...Smiley Surprised

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.