Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Women & Money....anyone read it?

tag
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

Women & Money....anyone read it?

I was thinking about getting this book.  Has anyone read this?  Found it helpful?  Are there any chapters on investing??
BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

Re: Women & Money....anyone read it?

I have it on a adobe reader file, i dont know how to send it to you.

I thought of the book as a beginners  book for women.

Very basic info ie: whats a cu,stocks , mutual funds and 401's. 

I may use it to read to my granddaughter soon, never to early to learn about money. lol

FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 2 of 10
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

I have it, and I liked it (except for where I was rolling my eyes a bit.) Pretty basic, as LIGHTNIN wrote. I gave all three of my young adult kids a copy of Young, Beautiful, and Broke, and they were very quick to throw quotes back at me. Smiley Wink

I'm planning to buy Jane Bryant Quinn's Making the Most of Your Money NOW. I have the older edition, but she's updated it. I think it was released in December. I like her better as a writer and advisor than Suze. I also recommend her Smart and Simple Financial Strategies for Busy People.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 3 of 10
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

Thanks for the info you two!  Sounds like the Suze book is pretty basic.  Something I should have read 30 years ago! 

I'll have to check out Jane Bryant Quinn.  I'll admit, I'd never heard of her!  But, HTSU...I totally trust your judgement!  Smiley Wink

Message 4 of 10
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

@LIGHTNIN wrote:
I may use it to read to my granddaughter soon, never to early to learn about money. lol

No....it's NEVER too early!  We're all examples of that!  No one ever talked to me about money...ever.... 

...which is why I borrowed $$ from my mom so often when I was young & dumb!

Message 5 of 10
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Women & Money

Women & Money

Woman & Money

Yes..........the two are synonymous!!!!!!   Smiley Surprised

Message 6 of 10
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

* snorts *

Smiley Very Happy
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 7 of 10
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

Who let the marine in????  Smiley Surprised

Well if you will be nice.....we'll let you stay.Smiley Wink

FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 8 of 10
MattH
Senior Contributor

My favorite personal finance author is Liz Pulliam Weston.  I've browsed books by others in bookstores and sometimes find it amusing listening to Dave Ramsey, but I think the advice from many PF authors is too simple.

TU 791 02/11/2013, EQ 800 1/29/2011 , EX Plus FAKO 812, EX Vantage Score 955 3/19/2010 wife's EQ 9/23/2009 803
EX always was my highest when we could pull all three
Always remember: big print giveth, small print taketh away
If you dunno what tanstaafl means you must Google it
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MattH wrote:

My favorite personal finance author is Liz Pulliam Weston.  I've browsed books by others in bookstores and sometimes find it amusing listening to Dave Ramsey, but I think the advice from many PF authors is too simple.

I love liz!  I've been wanting to check out Young, Beautiful and Broke - so I'll make a point to read that one since Hauling recommended it.  (As soon as I finish this monster of a book on the Federal Reserve Bank - my 22 year old how am I going to pay for tuition this semester? DS brought it over.  An amazingly good read - go figure!)
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.