Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Woohoo! She passed!

tag
Trishco
Frequent Contributor

Woohoo! She passed!

I'm so excited for my daughter!  She took the test to see if she can *jump* to College Algebra as a junior in high school!  She passed with flying colors!  

She also sacrificed her Art class to take Physics and get it out of the way.  I swear, if they'd let her go to school for 12 hours a day, she'd do it!  I am blessed!

She plans on becoming a social worker, and is already making appointments for college visits when she is out of school for teacher's meetings etc. 

I see a social worker/teacher on the horizon.  She is determined to have a career where she can help kids in one way or another.  

Almost forgot to mention that once she passes her Algebra class, she can tutor her mother in hers!  Smiley Tongue
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Woohoo! She passed!

It was great not taking a bunch of classes in college, by taking them for free in HS. 

Keep doing what your doing!!!!!!!!!!!

Message 2 of 5
MattH
Senior Contributor

@Trishco wrote:
I'm so excited for my daughter! She took the test to see if she can *jump* to College Algebra as a junior in high school! She passed with flying colors!
She also sacrificed her Art class to take Physics and get it out of the way. I swear, if they'd let her go to school for 12 hours a day, she'd do it! I am blessed!
She plans on becoming a social worker, and is already making appointments for college visits when she is out of school for teacher's meetings etc.
I see a social worker/teacher on the horizon. She is determined to have a career where she can help kids in one way or another.
Almost forgot to mention that once she passes her Algebra class, she can tutor her mother in hers! Smiley Tongue

Congratulations to the bright young lady! She should be encouraged to take as much math and science as she can at every opportunity, as having strong math and science skills is more and more important every year.
TU 791 02/11/2013, EQ 800 1/29/2011 , EX Plus FAKO 812, EX Vantage Score 955 3/19/2010 wife's EQ 9/23/2009 803
EX always was my highest when we could pull all three
Always remember: big print giveth, small print taketh away
If you dunno what tanstaafl means you must Google it
Message 3 of 5
LouMinotti
Regular Contributor

Huge congrats to your daughter! I assume you are talking about AP (advanced placement)classes? These go a long way in making college freshman year an easier one on your student providing the college she chooses accepts the courses, and many do. What this also does is set her up for getting accepted better colleges. If she takes a total of 3 or more AP classes in her sophomore, junior and senior years and passes all the exams (with scores 3 or higher, 5 being highest)she can qualify as an AP Scholar which looks GREAT on any HS resume. Also, passing all her AP exams may qualify her for the Academic Achievement Grant which is another $750 freshman year at participating colleges.

Both my sons are AP scholars and thankfully both colleges accepted and counted those as credits, so they are able to take more courses that interest them. And the $750 my middle son is getting will be his grocery money this fall, otherwise he may have to eat ramen for three months. lol
July 08 FICO TU/683 EQ/629 EX/658
Goal: 700+ by June 09
Freedom is just another word for nothing left to lose.
Message 4 of 5
southernficoaddict
Frequent Contributor

That is Great!!
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.