cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

YNAB, Moneywell, etc. - Looking into budget software...

tag
Math_Rocks
Established Contributor

YNAB, Moneywell, etc. - Looking into budget software...

I am considering using YNAB (You Need A Budget) software for keeping track of our budget and spending. Anyone out there use this or a similar software? I'd love to hear your thoughts, especially on if it is worth the money. If we do do YNAB, we will definitely take advantage of the 34-day free trial first.

Filed Chapter 13 April 2012. Case successfully closed May 2017, about 1 month after 60th payment. FAKO scores on close date: TU 695 EQ 697. Received discharge July 11th - took forever! Real EX day of discharge 624.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Cageym
Established Contributor

Re: YNAB, Moneywell, etc. - Looking into budget software...

Have you tought about trying one of the free ones first? I signed up on mint.com last night and it seems fine but there's also Manilla and Pageonce you could look at, and they remind you of bills that are coming due.

EDIT: I'm also going to sign up for Manilla and give it a test drive. It also tracks utility companies, which Mint does not do as of yet.

What's in my wallet: Cap1 Venture NFCU Sig Visa Delta Gold Amex BCE Citi Simplicity IHG World MC Amazon Visa CSP
Starting Score: 5/2010 550-ish
Current Score: 6/20/2013 TU 800 6/20/2013 EQ 770 6/20/2013 EX 775
Goal Score: 800 accross the board
Message 2 of 5
Math_Rocks
Established Contributor

Thanks, Cageym! Yes, we have tried mint for a good long time. Once we filed BK, it got all messed up and continues to tell us we need to make payments on accounts IIB. Also, our DS has an account at one of our banks, and I can't get his transactions to stop showing up. It worked really well for us for a long time but now, I just need to delete the account.

Filed Chapter 13 April 2012. Case successfully closed May 2017, about 1 month after 60th payment. FAKO scores on close date: TU 695 EQ 697. Received discharge July 11th - took forever! Real EX day of discharge 624.
Message 3 of 5
Cageym
Established Contributor

I like how Mint is laid out. I set up on Manilla and it's really just a bill tracker, but that's fine I can keep it as that.

What's in my wallet: Cap1 Venture NFCU Sig Visa Delta Gold Amex BCE Citi Simplicity IHG World MC Amazon Visa CSP
Starting Score: 5/2010 550-ish
Current Score: 6/20/2013 TU 800 6/20/2013 EQ 770 6/20/2013 EX 775
Goal Score: 800 accross the board
Message 4 of 5
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

We have used YNAB for the last two years and it is outstanding.

It makes you re-think your money for sure. It takes a bit to get your head around it, but in the long run, I do not think you can do better for budgeting software.

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.