Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yada yada yada

tag
demi
Established Contributor

Yada yada yada

On a recent post about Thanksgivingmas a poster brought up Seinfeld Festivus poles.  How many people out there, like me, can relate almost any conversation to a Seinfeld Episode?  It's still my all time favorite show.

I just saw "Scene It Seinfeld" advertised...gotta get it.

Starting Score: EQ 679, TU 697
Current Score: EQ 680, TU 672
Goal Score: EQ 720, TU 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Yada yada yada

Demi, I am with you. I constantly relate conversations to Seinfeld episodes, much to the dismay of DF. My all-time favorite TV show as well.

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 846
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 9
MattH
Senior Contributor

Well, I show my age because so many of my TV references are to the five classic shows CBS ran on Saturday evenings in the 1970s: MASH, All in the Family, Mary Tyler Moore, Bob Newhart, and Carol Burnett.  Witty, groundbreaking television that addressed contemporary issues without being preachy or condescending, engaging the mind while entertaining.

TU 791 02/11/2013, EQ 800 1/29/2011 , EX Plus FAKO 812, EX Vantage Score 955 3/19/2010 wife's EQ 9/23/2009 803
EX always was my highest when we could pull all three
Always remember: big print giveth, small print taketh away
If you dunno what tanstaafl means you must Google it
Message 3 of 9
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

I used to sit with my dad and watch all of those shows, except MASH, he didn't like that. When I got older, I watched it a lot in syndication. I appreciated it years later. Of those you mentioned, Bob Newhart was my favorite. I cracked up at his stutter "H-H-Howard."

MattH wrote:

Well, I show my age because so many of my TV references are to the five classic shows CBS ran on Saturday evenings in the 1970s: MASH, All in the Family, Mary Tyler Moore, Bob Newhart, and Carol Burnett.  Witty, groundbreaking television that addressed contemporary issues without being preachy or condescending, engaging the mind while entertaining.

Message 4 of 9
Lel
Moderator Emeritus

@demi wrote:

On a recent post about Thanksgivingmas a poster brought up Seinfeld Festivus poles.  How many people out there, like me, can relate almost any conversation to a Seinfeld Episode?  It's still my all time favorite show.

I just saw "Scene It Seinfeld" advertised...gotta get it.

I'd been waiting for a Scene It Seinfeld to be made for the past few years.  My brother-in-law is a big fan and I always thought it would be the perfect gift.  I bought it the moment I saw it on the shelves.

Now I'm waiting for a Scene It - Star Trek: The Next Generation.

Message 5 of 9
MattH
Senior Contributor

@Junejer wrote:
I used to sit with my dad and watch all of those shows, except MASH, he didn't like that. When I got older, I watched it a lot in syndication. I appreciated it years later. Of those you mentioned, Bob Newhart was my favorite. I cracked up at his stutter "H-H-Howard."

@MattH wrote:

I sure hope H-H-Howard was never in the cockpit crew on any airplane I was flying in!

TU 791 02/11/2013, EQ 800 1/29/2011 , EX Plus FAKO 812, EX Vantage Score 955 3/19/2010 wife's EQ 9/23/2009 803
Message 6 of 9
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

MattH wrote:

@Junejer wrote:

@MattH wrote:

I sure hope H-H-Howard was never in the cockpit crew on any airplane I was flying in!

You're still here, aren't you? He was a bleeding imbecile, wasn't he?

Message 7 of 9
MattH
Senior Contributor

@Junejer wrote:

@MattH wrote:

@Junejer wrote:

@MattH wrote:

You're still here, aren't you? He was a bleeding imbecile, wasn't he?

In one episode, Howard was in the cockpit of a chartered plane carrying a group of psychologists going to a conference.  He was in the midst of some personal crisis or other and emerged from the cockpit in midair to seek counsel from Bob, and when he returned much calmer to the cockpit all Bob's colleagues applauded him.

Message 8 of 9
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

I remember that. The one line that sticks in my head and randomly pops up, is the episode where Howard was writing a poem of some sort and he needed a word that rhymed with "landing gear". Bob suggested "have a beer", to which Howard was obliged to do so, but still needed a word. I don't know why I thought that was so funny, but it has stuck with me for about 30 years now. Smiley Sad

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.