Established Contributor
Cory

Yahoo Mail Spam Mail/Virus & Hacking

Hello,

For the past three weeks, all of my friends in my contact list have been getting frequent emails from me, instructing them to open up a suspicious link. The problem is, I never use my contact list to send emails to a host of people. I believe that my yahoo account have been comprimised, and some hacker has got into my contacts on yahoo, and trying to send a virus to all my contacts, using me as the sender. I have emailed yahoo. but have gotten no response. Is this happening to someone else? Is there a virus going around, and yahoo has not discovered it yet? I'm now trying to disable that account, and will no longer use yahoo for email again. I'll just use gmail for now on. How do you disable an email address from yahoo? Or, that isn't possible?

Thanks,

Cory

1. American Express Blue Cash Preferred~2. BankAmericard Cash Rewards World MasterCard~3. BankAmericard Travel Rewards Visa Signature ~4. Discover It~5. Citi Forward Visa Signature~6. CCCU MasterCard.
Established Contributor
demi

Re: Yahoo Mail Spam Mail/Virus & Hacking

Don't know how to disable, but when I had that problem last year with earthlink, they told me to change my password.  It worked.

Starting Score: EQ 679, TU 697
Current Score: EQ 680, TU 672
Goal Score: EQ 720, TU 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Established Contributor
Cageym

Re: Yahoo Mail Spam Mail/Virus & Hacking

+1 Change the password. I got an alert from Facebook that someone was trying to access my account from Missouri. Since I've changed my password I haven't had any issues.

What's in my wallet: Cap1 Venture $10K NFCU Sig Visa $25k Amex Zync NPSL Delta Gold $18k BCE $2k Citi Simplicity $5450 Priority Select Visa 5.9K Amazon Visa 4k CSP 5k
Starting Score: 5/2010 550-ish
Current Score: 6/20/2013 TU 800 6/20/2013 EQ 770 6/20/2013 EX 775
Goal Score: 800 accross the board

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+