Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yahoo Mail Spam Mail/Virus & Hacking

tag
Cory
Established Contributor

Yahoo Mail Spam Mail/Virus & Hacking

Hello,

For the past three weeks, all of my friends in my contact list have been getting frequent emails from me, instructing them to open up a suspicious link. The problem is, I never use my contact list to send emails to a host of people. I believe that my yahoo account have been comprimised, and some hacker has got into my contacts on yahoo, and trying to send a virus to all my contacts, using me as the sender. I have emailed yahoo. but have gotten no response. Is this happening to someone else? Is there a virus going around, and yahoo has not discovered it yet? I'm now trying to disable that account, and will no longer use yahoo for email again. I'll just use gmail for now on. How do you disable an email address from yahoo? Or, that isn't possible?

Thanks,

Cory

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
demi
Established Contributor

Re: Yahoo Mail Spam Mail/Virus & Hacking

Don't know how to disable, but when I had that problem last year with earthlink, they told me to change my password.  It worked.

Starting Score: EQ 679, TU 697
Current Score: EQ 680, TU 672
Goal Score: EQ 720, TU 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 2 of 3
Cageym
Established Contributor

Re: Yahoo Mail Spam Mail/Virus & Hacking

+1 Change the password. I got an alert from Facebook that someone was trying to access my account from Missouri. Since I've changed my password I haven't had any issues.

What's in my wallet: Cap1 Venture NFCU Sig Visa Delta Gold Amex BCE Citi Simplicity IHG World MC Amazon Visa CSP
Starting Score: 5/2010 550-ish
Current Score: 6/20/2013 TU 800 6/20/2013 EQ 770 6/20/2013 EX 775
Goal Score: 800 accross the board
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.