cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

You know you're obsessed with FICO when...

tag
FrugalRican
Blogger

Re: You know you're obsessed with FICO when...

And I thought my DGF was neurotic lol

Follow my financial journey: http://www.frugalrican.com

EQ FICO (01/16/2012): 656 - EQ FICO (02/16/2012): 743 - EQ (02/24/2012): 760 - EX (04/28/2012): 739 - GOAL 2013: 800+

AMEX BCE (0/10K) --- BOA 1-2-3 (0/15.9K) --- Discover More (0/6K) --- Chase Freedom Visa (0/1.4K) -- Hyatt Visa Sign. (0/5.8K) -- Barclay's NFL Card (0/7.5K) -- Chase Sapphire Preferred (0/5K)

Message 21 of 69
AZHeather
Frequent Contributor

@delayedinsanity wrote:

@AZHeather wrote:

You have a minor panic attack because DH tells you that today you are not allowed to go onto myfico, check reports on any CM website, or check the mail for a green card or response because he really just wants one day with me without the "distraction."  

Note:  I'm on my cell phone - he's in the bathroom...shhhhhhh! Smiley LOL

That has a totally different meaning for some of us. I panic if I go into the safe and don't see mine right away. I've been asked for mail with my address on it a few times recently, and you should see the eyes widen when you say, "Why yes, would something from Homeland Security suffice?". Alright, we now return you to your regularly scheduled program...

LOL Smiley LOL

Message 22 of 69
psychoinhell
Regular Contributor

@delayedinsanity wrote:

That has a totally different meaning for some of us. I panic if I go into the safe and don't see mine right away. I've been asked for mail with my address on it a few times recently, and you should see the eyes widen when you say, "Why yes, would something from Homeland Security suffice?". Alright, we now return you to your regularly scheduled program...

Everyone knows that the Red threat was never Mother Russia, but in reality that RED Maple Leaf... you and your socialized medicine!!!!  **Throws up a Tea Party clenched fist**  

/end sarcasm

Starting Score: 600ish in 2007
Highest Score to date: EQ 716 May 2012(lender pull)
Current Score: EQ 685 6-21-12 ; Walmart TU Fico 744 6-05-12
Goal Score: 801
Message 23 of 69
delayedinsanity
Regular Contributor

We'll politely avoid discussing misconceptions in politics and economics between our two countries. Smiley Happy I am obsessed with FICO... because I applied for the Wally World Discover instead of Discover More to get the score.

Message 24 of 69
ApexdvToo
Regular Contributor

And when you add the statement cut dates to your Google calendar along with txt and email reminders ... yeah ... doing all of it right now Smiley Wink

Starting Score 4/15/2012:579 Ex-FAKO, 572 Eq-FAKO, 546 TU-FAKO (all were sub-500 in 2011)
FICO as of 3/08/2013: 627 EQ, 647 TU
FAKO as of 3/23/2013: 638 EX, 652 EQ, 648 TU
Goal 1: 600 FICO achieved 10/2012!, Goal 2: 650 FICO Across the Board - Let's take Baby-Steps!
**Amex Optima $1.3k, GE/CareCredit $1k, CapOne Secured $900, Barclaycard Rewards $500, CapOne Rewards $500, Citi/Shell $200**
Seedling Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/18/2013 - Goal: No apps for One Year: 3/18/2014
Message 25 of 69
marty56
Super Contributor

@ApexdvToo wrote:

And when you add the statement cut dates to your Google calendar along with txt and email reminders ... yeah ... doing all of it right now Smiley Wink

Or confuse DW/DH's birthday with a CC's report date.

Take out a mortage just to get your EX score.

1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 26 of 69
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@marty56 wrote:

DW and I actually did that. We app'd just to get a feel with a potential lender-to-be and to learn of our EX FICO. However, the lender sold us on proceeding now and scores weren't an issue, so we relented.

Message 27 of 69
marty56
Super Contributor

@llecs wrote:

@marty56 wrote:

DW and I actually did that. We app'd just to get a feel with a potential lender-to-be and to learn of our EX FICO. However, the lender sold us on proceeding now and scores weren't an issue, so we relented.

do-over.  Take out a mortage, apply for AE and in my case if BofA used EX - apply for one of their CCs just to get my EX score. 

Message 28 of 69
journey258
Frequent Contributor

When you spend all weekend reading the discussion boards instead of writing the paper that's due on Tuesday Smiley Indifferent

Current Score:652 EQ (Beacon 5.0), 647 EX, 647 EQ, 693 TU (USAA CMS), 684 TU (Walmart)
Goal Score:700 across the board

My Wallet: NFCU cashRewards Sig ($14k); Chase SW RR Sig ($6); USAA Cash Rewards MC ($2k); USAA Plat MC ($2k); USAA AMEX ($2k) GE/JC Penney ($4.4k); Chase Freedom ($1.5k); GE/Lowes ($1.8k); GE/Amazon ($1.7k); GE/Walmart ($5k); Cap 1 ($1k); Comenity/LB ($1K); Dillards AMEX ($2.1k)
Message 29 of 69
marty56
Super Contributor

@journey258 wrote:

When you spend all weekend reading the discussion boards instead of writing the paper that's due on Tuesday Smiley Indifferent

Or you take a final in math and the one answer you needed to get right to pass you gave your goal FICO score as the correct answer.

Message 30 of 69
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.