cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

You're a Credit Addict If...

Valued Contributor

Re: You're a Credit Addict If...


09Lexie wrote:
-you have the numbers for credit analysts saved as a Contact in your phone
-you can rattle off sign up bonuses, offers etc
-you check your CR's daily
-you make purchases based on statement dates
-you calculate your util as often as you pull your CR's

AHHHHH HA HA HA HA HA!!!
I am so guilty of making purchases based on statement dates.  I try to "float" my purchases under the utilization radar.  Buy something after the statement cuts and then pay it off before the next statement cuts. LOL!! GUILTY!



Starting Score: 639 (Walmart TU)
Current Score: TU 715 (Barclay) EX 685 (myFICO) EQ 697 (myFICO)
Goal Score: 700 Across the Board (Mortgage Goal Achieved 1/31/2012!)

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 11 of 45
Valued Contributor

Re: You're a Credit Addict If...

lmao...this is great guys! myjourney, i'm with you on the withdrawal...lol Smiley Very Happy



GARDEN GOAL: MARCH 2014
LAST APP: 08/20/2013
---=[NORTHBOUND]=---
Message 12 of 45
Valued Contributor

Re: You're a Credit Addict If...


dpechal wrote:

-You are asked out on a date and you give he/she the 7-10 day message.


classic! Smiley Very Happy heh



GARDEN GOAL: MARCH 2014
LAST APP: 08/20/2013
---=[NORTHBOUND]=---
Message 13 of 45
Moderator Emeritus

Re: You're a Credit Addict If...


djc1puno wrote:

dpechal wrote:

-You are asked out on a date and you give he/she the 7-10 day message.


classic! Smiley Very Happy heh


Then you call in for a recon!!!!!

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 14 of 45
Valued Contributor

Re: You're a Credit Addict If...

Lmao! Might be a hard pull! Smiley Surprised


GARDEN GOAL: MARCH 2014
LAST APP: 08/20/2013
---=[NORTHBOUND]=---
Message 15 of 45
Regular Contributor

Re: You're a Credit Addict If...


Shogun wrote:

djc1puno wrote:

dpechal wrote:

-You are asked out on a date and you give he/she the 7-10 day message.


classic! Smiley Very Happy heh


Then you call in for a recon!!!!!


Absolutely Hilarious!!! Smiley LOL


Starting Score: 620 Current Score: 709 Goal Score: 720
Gardening from 9/28/2013. Target: March 2014
Message 16 of 45
Regular Contributor

Re: You're a Credit Addict If...


MsLadyRover wrote:

09Lexie wrote:
-you have the numbers for credit analysts saved as a Contact in your phone
-you can rattle off sign up bonuses, offers etc
-you check your CR's daily
-you make purchases based on statement dates
-you calculate your util as often as you pull your CR's

AHHHHH HA HA HA HA HA!!!
I am so guilty of making purchases based on statement dates.  I try to "float" my purchases under the utilization radar.  Buy something after the statement cuts and then pay it off before the next statement cuts. LOL!! GUILTY!


Guilty on 3 counts!. 


Starting Score: 620 Current Score: 709 Goal Score: 720
Gardening from 9/28/2013. Target: March 2014
Message 17 of 45
Valued Contributor

Re: You're a Credit Addict If...

Glad to see I'm not the only one!

 

CC phone numbers and at least one EO number stored in my contacts

 

Make purchases based on when a statement closes. Food? Who needs food!? I can wait until the next billing cycle!

 

I look at my Credit Karma almost daily. And I know it won't update until Thursday.

 

Sign in to check my credit card balances often.

 

Figure out what I should pay and when to make sure that I don't pay any interest. No fee balance transfers works great for that. 

 

At one time I didn't think to much about all of this. I just went on with life and everything fell into place. Now it's an important hobby that I can benefit from being active in. 

Cap 1 - $23,000 / Lowe’s - $17,000 / Barclay Rewards - $16,400. / Capital 1 - $15,000 / Walmart - $15,000
Cap 1 - $12,000 / PenFed - $10,000 / Penney - $10,000 / Barclay Apple Rewards - $4000 / Merrick - $2500


EQ - 740 / TU - 748 / EX - 748
Message 18 of 45
Valued Contributor

Re: You're a Credit Addict If...


masscredit wrote:

Glad to see I'm not the only one!

 

CC phone numbers and at least one EO number stored in my contacts

 

Make purchases based on when a statement closes. Food? Who needs food!? I can wait until the next billing cycle!

 

I look at my Credit Karma almost daily. And I know it won't update until Thursday.

 

Sign in to check my credit card balances often.

 

Figure out what I should pay and when to make sure that I don't pay any interest. No fee balance transfers works great for that. 

 

At one time I didn't think to much about all of this. I just went on with life and everything fell into place. Now it's an important hobby that I can benefit from being active in. 


lmao...same here Smiley Tongue



GARDEN GOAL: MARCH 2014
LAST APP: 08/20/2013
---=[NORTHBOUND]=---
Message 19 of 45
Valued Contributor

Re: You're a Credit Addict If...

... since you can't app quite so soon (watching hp's), you decide to order a replacement card from a current creditor, just to relive the "thrill" of getting plastic in the mailbox.
Message 20 of 45