Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

apple iphone...Questions???

tag
islandchild82
Frequent Contributor

Re: apple iphone...Questions???

FretlessMayhem wrote:

No picture messages??? As advanced as that phone is, it can't handle a picture message?

No, there is no MMS support on the iPhone, no picture messaging. When someone does send you a picture, you receive a text message that directs you to viewmymessage.com, and a login and password. So you can look at the picture online with your phone, but it doesn't come in the text message.

No forwarding of text messages either, the other annoying fact of life with the iPhone, which I'm hoping is addressed in an update or the new iPhone 3G.
Message 21 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm sorry to revive an old thread, but can I ask HOW a cellphone can be unlocked to be used with another provider??

My DD has a nearly new BlackBerry that she LOVES (got it free for reupping a while back -- it was her graduation present last year) and I'm frankly sick of AT&T -- I want to go with T-Mobile -- even if it means I pay the $250 termination fee (only one contract is still in effect -- the rest have expired). BUT I don't feel like spending more $$$ to get another BB for her.

I really don't think AT&T would be nice enough to unlock it for us for use with other providers ... can T-Mobile unlock for us???

Any advice, suggestions, etc would be GREATLY appreciated!! TIA!!
Message 22 of 25
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

ivyalmighty wrote:

Also, I frequently get very interesting little windows on his life when he *pocket dials* me. Since it's a touch screen, it's very sensitive and like once a week I get to listen to him fixing dinner... singing in the car... out to dinner with friends.. whatever is happening when he puts his phone in his pocket, bends over, or whatever, and it dials his last call.

My treo does that all the time, usually while I am driving.  It is a pain
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 23 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

I Googled just to make sure AT&T is the same as T-Mobile when it comes to unlocking phones.

As long as:
1) you're a customer in good standing (not late on your bill)
2) been a customer for at least 90 days
3) have a cell phone capable of being unlocked

You should be able to call up AT&T's customer support line and get a special code you key in that will unlock your phone for use with any carrier, at no charge.

It may take up to 10 days or so. You'll need the IMEI (cell phone ID number) for the BlackBerry when calling in. It should be behind the battery on the back or you can look it up in the phone's settings.

Good luck!
Message 24 of 25
wmarat
Valued Contributor

2 possibilities.
1 You contact provider and buy unlocking code.
2. You find key generator software( I've seen it a few times on ebay) and unlock a phone by yourself - much cheaper option.

Wonderin wrote:
I'm sorry to revive an old thread, but can I ask HOW a cellphone can be unlocked to be used with another provider??

My DD has a nearly new BlackBerry that she LOVES (got it free for reupping a while back -- it was her graduation present last year) and I'm frankly sick of AT&T -- I want to go with T-Mobile -- even if it means I pay the $250 termination fee (only one contract is still in effect -- the rest have expired). BUT I don't feel like spending more $$$ to get another BB for her.

I really don't think AT&T would be nice enough to unlock it for us for use with other providers ... can T-Mobile unlock for us???

Any advice, suggestions, etc would be GREATLY appreciated!! TIA!!

IN VINO VERITAS.
Message 25 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.