cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

apple watch buy now vs wait for later generations.

tag
zerbherb
Established Contributor

apple watch buy now vs wait for later generations.

i would call this version a little passed half assed but not completely past it., with many great things to come in later generations. I am waiting till gen 2 or 3. What about everyone else.

;
Discover it 13300 cl nov 2014/ Everyday 26700 k march 2015/CSP 7.5k Feb 2016/ Freedom Unlimited 7k july 207
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Noctilum
Frequent Contributor

Re: apple watch buy now vs wait for later generations.

I won't get one myself.  My brother works for Apple and has spent some time with it.  He loves Apple products in general but doesn't understand the purpose of the watch.  It requires the iPhone, in which case you can see any notification the watch shows you (outside of the heart rate feature) on your phone BEFORE it appears on your watch.  Apparently it takes some time for things to sync up.  Plus there is no dedicated apps for it yet, and the watch faces are non-existant compared to using his old iPod Nano with wristband. 

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not quite sure that this will catch on.

-Millenials don't wear watches

-The generations after them don't either

-The watch has to be charged daily

-You need an iphone to use it

No thanks.

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@zerbherb wrote:

i would call this version a little passed half assed but not completely past it., with many great things to come in later generations. I am waiting till gen 2 or 3. What about everyone else.

Psshhh just go ahead and buy the $17k gold model!

Oh wait jk don't do that...

Message 4 of 8
Dalanar
Regular Contributor

It's an Apple product and it will catch on fire.  Apple can do no wrong this generation.  Even if the product is half-assed, it will still outsell the combined units of the Pebble and all the Android Wear smartwatches combined.

I have the Moto 360 smartwatch myself and this is the first watch that I'm wearing in 10 years. I find it it to be a great gadget, even though much of the functionality is tethered to the smart phone.  I can easily glance at emails and text during meetings without causing a disturbance or look at my wrist and instead of reaching for the phone on the passenger seat while driving. 

Experian: 729 Equifax: 740 Transunion: 732
Capital One Mastercard: $0.4K, Capital One Quicksilver: $5K, Chase Southwest Premier: $7.5K, Amex Blue Cash Everyday: $24.9K, Discover It: $9.4K, Chase Sapphire Preferred: $16.9K, Citi Hilton HHonors Reserve: $7.7K, Arrival+ BarclayCard MC WE: $7.5K
Message 5 of 8
Anomalous
Senior Contributor

@zerbherb wrote:

I'm with you. I'm a runner and was hoping for a GPS watch replacement and more functionality. It's not quite there with this version. I do carry my iPhone when I run (for safety reasons), but I'd prefer something that wasn't entirely dependent on it. If I was to purchase this now, it would be for vanity reasons... nothing more.

Keep both your credit and your body in top shape!

Message 6 of 8
zerbherb
Established Contributor

Google just announced they are almost done locking down ios intergration. I will definitely be getting the moto 360 gen 2.

;
Discover it 13300 cl nov 2014/ Everyday 26700 k march 2015/CSP 7.5k Feb 2016/ Freedom Unlimited 7k july 207
Message 7 of 8
Boragard
Established Contributor

I will pass.  I'm a watch connoisseur with 13 watches, an iphone, ipad, and ipod.  Maybe later, but not now.  UNLESS its a gift, lol.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.