Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

article: Certain Energy Drinks Not Worth The Sugar Rush

tag
MojaveMoon
Established Contributor

article: Certain Energy Drinks Not Worth The Sugar Rush

"10 Energy Drinks Not Worth The Sugar Rush"

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/grace-nasri/energy-drinks-sugar_b_876409.html#s291308&title=1_Red_Eye

excerpt:

"Many energy drinks come packed with more sugar than popular decadent dessert items -- from glazed donuts and chewy cookies to buttery croissants and crunchy chocolate bars.

The slideshow below showcases 10 popular energy drinks and their sugar equivalents."

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: article: Certain Energy Drinks Not Worth The Sugar Rush

Sugar high and then sugar crash. I resell energy drinks (great-tasting no sugar-type....and no, I won't say which one on here) and we capitalize on our competitors' persistent use of sugar as an energy enhancer/booster. It's their folly. I can only imagine what it's doing to your pancreas. Of course many out there add some vodka to even it all out, right?

Message 2 of 10
laz98
Senior Contributor

i love my rockstar punch Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 10
DI
Super Contributor

I don't drink any type of energy drinks.  They contain too much sugar.  It amazes me to see people walking around at gym with a gatorade/powerade.   OR see people substituting power drink over soda.  They both are bad.   The only thing I drink besides plain water is Sparkling ICE made by Talking Rain.  I drink it because it contains antioxidants(green tea extract). 

If a person is exercising daily they do not need energy drinks.  Exercising helps one gain energy.   Unless you are some mega athlete who burns a lot of calories, you shouldn't be drinking energy drink.  And if someone drinks them for potassium, they better off eating a banana. 

Message 4 of 10
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Hmm, energy drink vs Krispy Kreme hot glazed, hmmm...

Krispy Kreme! Smiley Very Happy

Although it's been 3 years or more since I bought one right off the rollers.

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 5 of 10
DI
Super Contributor

@haulingthescoreup wrote:

I don't eat Krispy Kreme.    I'll eat an oatmeal raisin cookie instead.  Atleast one is getting wheat flour from the cookie rather than all-purpose flour from the donuts. 

Message 6 of 10
laz98
Senior Contributor

*drool* i love krispy kreme!  those are the most addicting little things ever!

Message 7 of 10
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@laz98 wrote:

*drool* i love krispy kreme!  those are the most addicting little things ever!

No kidding! I'm lucky that there's none anywhere near me now.

But my reed-thin daughters (5'9" 130lbs, 6'0" 142 lbs) used to buy a dozen hot-glazed in the nice flat box, put the box on the front passenger seat, and eat them on the way home. Life's not fair, I tell ya! (And other than hot glazed, they are healthy-living fools.)

I'm not an energy drink person, but I suppose I could try to regard a cold Pacifico in that light. Smiley Very Happy

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 8 of 10
laz98
Senior Contributor

wow, you have some very tall girls!  that's very cool Smiley Happy

i'm a thin fatso, but i don't think i could eat a whole dozen!  maybe 6.  i've only ever eaten 4 back-to-back.

Message 9 of 10
drkaje
Senior Contributor

I'll take real, natural sugar over Glycerol rosin of ester, sucralose, asulfame K, aspartame or anything else artificial someone concocts. Finding something relatively simple like (inexpensive) yogurt that isn't lite without artificial stuff is a pain in the butt.

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.