Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

changing Marvel card design

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: changing Marvel card design

Got my new card in the mail today; exact same account number, same expiration, same CVV. used both successfully; not showing as a new account.

Looks like Marvel can be just like Chase Disney and Discover with having multiple designs. Only difference is any AUs will have exact same design
Message 11 of 19
Man-Of-Steel
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Got my new card in the mail today; exact same account number, same expiration, same CVV. used both successfully; not showing as a new account.

Looks like Marvel can be just like Chase Disney and Discover with having multiple designs. Only difference is any AUs will have exact same design

Tigers09, thanks for starting this thread and for testing this out. I was also concerned that Synchrony might add a new trade line for the new card, but I'm happy to hear that didn't happen.  I had a tough time originally deciding between the Iron Man and Spider-Man designs, so I'm excited to hear that this is an option.  I think I'm going to request Iron Man next and then maybe later this year, I'll request the Captain America shield.  What was your original card design and what did you choose as your second card design?  Also, are they sending these out now with the new mastercard logos?

Message 12 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Have Capt America and got the black card with the character logos. Both have the original MC logo
Message 13 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have one son that likes Iron Man and another that likes Spider-man. Those will be my next two to get and add them as AUs

Message 14 of 19
Man-Of-Steel
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Have Capt America and got the black card with the character logos. Both have the original MC logo

Nice. The logo isn't a big deal to me either way, but I figured maybe they were sending new cards with the new logo since the card images have all been updated on the Marvel site.

Message 15 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Wait, how do you know it hasn't shown as a new trade lines? We're talking about how Synchrony reports to the credit bureaus, not whether you'll see a new account in your login..

Message 16 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

When I was originally approved, it took 3 days to report. It's been over a week since I requested the change; no alerts yet about a new account opened.
The card having the exact same number, expiration, and CVV also looks like just a design change.
I will definitely update this if I notice anything different.
Message 17 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

another update; got a card in for AU. Like Chase, same account number as my own
Message 18 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
When I was originally approved, it took 3 days to report. It's been over a week since I requested the change; no alerts yet about a new account opened.
The card having the exact same number, expiration, and CVV also looks like just a design change.
I will definitely update this if I notice anything different.
Any update on this? Did Synchrony report the new card as a new account on the bureaus? Thanks!
Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.