Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cnet video article: how to shop for a 3D television

tag
MojaveMoon
Established Contributor

cnet video article: how to shop for a 3D television

This is a short 4 minute video from cnet.com that I think is really informative on how to shop for a 3D television

http://cnettv.cnet.com/understanding-3d-tv/9742-1_53-50122009.html

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
teenastie
Established Contributor

Re: cnet video article: how to shop for a 3D television

Thanks Mojave!

I bought a $2500 Samsung and was unimpressed with the 3D quality and the active shutter glasses gave me a headache. I returned the tv. I'm now considering a LG 3DTV with passive glasses for whatever reason it looked so much better on display.

Message 2 of 3
MojaveMoon
Established Contributor

Re: cnet video article: how to shop for a 3D television

"for whatever reason it looked so much better on display"

I've read that stores tend to crank up some of the tv settings giving the customer a false sense of what to expect from the television.

When we received our HD Sony television, initially I thought we'd received a defective tv. It never occurred to me that the factory settings wouldn't be in the ballpark of the right settings. While I was recently browsing the customer reviews at amazon.com of calibration DVDs, I was suprised that one of them that was highly rated was released by Disney -- "Disney WOW: World of Wonder"

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.