Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

csp is metal or not?

tag
compassion101
Established Contributor

csp is metal or not?

Just got mine. Seems likje a hard plastic rather than metal. Has it been changed or do I not realizt it is metal?

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: csp is metal or not?

So lucky....

Is it heavy?

Does it sound different when you tap it against a table?

Metal it is!

Message 2 of 19
DaveSignal
Valued Contributor

mine is definitely metal.  Does your card have a "Preferred" on it?

EX:694 TU:744 EQ:777
Amex ED $19.5k - BoA Travel Rewards $15k - CSP $5k - SDFCU EMV $15k - NFCU goRewards $20k - Barclays Arrival $6.5k
Message 3 of 19
Luscher
Valued Contributor

The CSP is plastic with metal in the middle. There are 100% full metal cards out there like Ritz and palladium. The Marriott card is a nice option too
CHASE FREEDOM | AMEX BCE | | BOFA REWARDS | CITI TYP | Quicksilver | DISCOVER IT | Sallie Mae | CHASE CSP
--------$32,000-------------$30,000-----------$30,000-----------$30,000-----$13,000---------$18,200----------$15,000---------$6,500----

FICO - TU: 780 EX: 784 EQ: 781
Message 4 of 19
compassion101
Established Contributor

@Luscher wrote:
The CSP is plastic with metal in the middle. There are 100% full metal cards out there like Ritz and palladium. The Marriott card is a nice option too

Yes it says preferred.

So the front and back are plastic and there is metal in the center?

Message 5 of 19
Luscher
Valued Contributor

pretty much, yea
CHASE FREEDOM | AMEX BCE | | BOFA REWARDS | CITI TYP | Quicksilver | DISCOVER IT | Sallie Mae | CHASE CSP
--------$32,000-------------$30,000-----------$30,000-----------$30,000-----$13,000---------$18,200----------$15,000---------$6,500----

FICO - TU: 780 EX: 784 EQ: 781
Message 6 of 19
compassion101
Established Contributor

ok, sounds like my wife does the dishes tonight Smiley Wink  she said it wasn't metal

Message 7 of 19
DaveSignal
Valued Contributor

@Luscher wrote:

Mine is not plastic at all.  It is all metal.  Its not as heavy a metal as a Ritz or Palladium, but not plastic either.  It feels different.  And the numbers and card information are printed differently.  Chase did it for aesthetic reasons. There would be no point to putting metal on the inside of a plastic card.

I do not know, however, if new cards are being issued in plastic.  I doubt it.  It has been metal for years.

EX:694 TU:744 EQ:777
Amex ED $19.5k - BoA Travel Rewards $15k - CSP $5k - SDFCU EMV $15k - NFCU goRewards $20k - Barclays Arrival $6.5k
Message 8 of 19
jsucool76
Super Contributor

I know my marriot card isn't entirely metal. It's what they refer to as a "metal core." It's heavier than any of my other cards, but it doesn't get cold like metal does, and doesn't make any exceptional sound when knocked against a table, or even metal. Makes the same sound as everything else. 

Message 9 of 19
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@DaveSignal wrote:

@Luscher wrote:

Mine is not plastic at all.  It is all metal.  Its not as heavy a metal as a Ritz or Palladium, but not plastic either.  It feels different.  And the numbers and card information are printed differently.  Chase did it for aesthetic reasons. There would be no point to putting metal on the inside of a plastic card.

I do not know, however, if new cards are being issued in plastic.  I doubt it.  It has been metal for years.

CSP is offered in plastic version (numbers embossed) with or without EMV, as well as the "metalish" version (with or without EMV).  I have both plastic and metal.

Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.