Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

* drool * Candice Olson has a kitchen design show starting tonight

tag
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

* drool * Candice Olson has a kitchen design show starting tonight

Any home design fans out there?

My TV has been stuck on cable news lately, so I've missed any commercials for this, but Candice Olson has a new kitchen design show on HGTV starting tonight, Sunday evenings at 8 Eastern, called "Divine Kitchens."

If I ever win the lottery (which is unlikely, as I don't play), after I give most of it away, I want to kidnap her and have her design a home for me. All those blues and chocolate browns and silvers (none of which are my colors, but wow) and the lighting; she's a genius.

And she played volleyball on the Canadian national volleyball team, as a complete non sequitur.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: * drool * Candice Olson has a kitchen design show starting tonight

I am totally addicted to home improvement and/or design shows. I'll be watching! 
Message 2 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

I love her Divine Design show! Unfortunately, Divine Kitchens is a special so it won't be on weekly - catch it while you can! She had another special earlier this year called Divine Bathrooms and they're repeating that one on Friday, Sept 26 @ 4pm eastern.
Message 3 of 22
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Oh, well, boo. I thought that since it said "Premiere", it would be an ongoing series. Too good to be true!

So it's going to be sort of a top ten of the kitchen remodels that she's done on the regular show?
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 4 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Exactly, except I think it's more like top 5. That's what they did with the bathroom show anyway. It's a rehash but still enjoyable since she explains a bit more about the design process and her little tips and tricks. I recognized all 5 of the bathrooms they showed from past shows because of my addiction to Divine Design and HG in general lol. It'll be fun to see which kitchens she picked as her top 5.
Message 5 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Smiley Very Happy  Aw man I love that show!!   I have become addicted to HGTV the last few months.
My husband comes in when I am watching that show and looks at me like...your watching that againSmiley Tongue    I must admit though I have had to curtail my watching of so much.....too many things I see I would love.  Not good when your hoping to build soon Smiley Wink
Message 6 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

My name is on the top if the "to give to" list, right? Smiley Very Happy

My MIL is a loyal player of the Powerball. I give her grief over it all the time, telling her by the time she wins she is just going to be recoop'ing money she has spent on it all these years.

She says with that attitude I am not on her "nice" list for when she wins. Smiley Surprised

haulingthescoreup wrote:

If I ever win the lottery (which is unlikely, as I don't play), after I give most of it away,

Message 7 of 22
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Sure! Sure it is!

Nah, seems to me that if you win one of those incomprehensibly large prizes, after you pay off your mortgage and other family bills, invest enough to get you to your deathbed without having to eat cat food, and maybe set aside something for a little bit of fun, the joy would come in figuring out how to give it to programs that could really use it for good.

So church, Boys and Girls Club, scholarship programs at my old school, my kids' school, and universities, some sort of cool arts program that scrambles for survival, health programs, environmental programs, on and on --the not-so-flashy needs that are personal and local to you. OK, and something for Doctors without Borders. What on earth would you do with all that money? Just sounds like an unending nightmare of trouble.

Oh well, it's fun to think about, anyway!
Message 8 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

You might be surprised at how many big $ lottery winners are now bankrupt and homeless.

One of the channels(A&E, TLC, Discovery, TravelChannel, one of those) did a show about lottery winners and where they are now.

Shocking.......

haulingthescoreup wrote:
What on earth would you do with all that money?

Message 9 of 22
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

See, there you go. At my age, I wouldn't want to suddenly figure out how to be a rich person. Obviously, it's a really steep learning curve.

Although a slightly-more-confident-about-my-retirement person would be OK! Smiley Happy
Message 10 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.