Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

* drool * Candice Olson has a kitchen design show starting tonight

tag
WhirledPeasPlease
Moderator Emeritus

Re: * drool * Candice Olson has a kitchen design show starting tonight

Optimistic08 wrote:
Exactly, except I think it's more like top 5. That's what they did with the bathroom show anyway. It's a rehash but still enjoyable since she explains a bit more about the design process and her little tips and tricks. I recognized all 5 of the bathrooms they showed from past shows because of my addiction to Divine Design and HG in general lol. It'll be fun to see which kitchens she picked as her top 5.

Sheesh -- that bathroom she did for the guy who wanted a home gym in the bathroom -- amazing!  Every time I see her I think "boy those people are going to spend a LOT of money".  Oh well, it's only good once, right?

Smiley Happy
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
From 700 in 2008 to 498 in 2012...
4/23/12 -- BK 13 date of filing EQ = 505
4/18/12 -- EQ 498
12/5/13 -- EQ 669
Here we go.... back on track.
Message 11 of 22
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

I missed the very first kitchen, so maybe they showed this one then, but I was so surprised that she didn't show the kitchen of the uber-geeky video game designer and his wife. She did this incredible kitchen/ dining combo, plus the living room, I think. I like small houses, so this one was a favorite.

Daniel and Tova

I think there are more photos in her book.

edit to correct shocking grammar lapse! Smiley Surprised

Message Edited by haulingthescoreup on 09-16-2008 05:52 PM
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 12 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@WhirledPeasPlease wrote:

Sheesh -- that bathroom she did for the guy who wanted a home gym in the bathroom -- amazing!  Every time I see her I think "boy those people are going to spend a LOT of money".  Oh well, it's only good once, right?

Smiley Happy

That one was incredible! I'm always amazed at what she can come up with and how much function she can squeeze into a space. I think that's what I enjoy the most about her designs. They look gorgeous, but they also truly function for the homeowners. They're not just beautiful to view. I love it when she does a basement remodel and it doesn't even resemble a basement when she's done with it, but still has all of the storage and function everyone needs in a basement.

Oh, to have that much disposable income!
Message 13 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you take a bathroom break and miss one lol? Tova & Daniel's kitchen was number 6. I still have it saved on my DVR and I knew I saw that one, so I just went and checked. Yes, I admit my DVR is full of saved HG shows, most being Divine Design. I'm not sure why since I will never be able to afford to duplicate anything she's ever done. But if I ever become independently wealthy, I'm hiring Candice to design an entire house. Ah, to dream!

Yet another perfect example of how much function she manages to fit in every design. I have a smaller house and I'm dying to knock down the wall between our kitchen and living space like she did in their design. I also loved the twinkly quartz countertops and the glass & stainless steel stovetop hood she used!
Message 14 of 22
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@Anonymous wrote:
Did you take a bathroom break and miss one lol? Tova & Daniel's kitchen was number 6. I still have it saved on my DVR and I knew I saw that one, so I just went and checked. Yes, I admit my DVR is full of saved HG shows, most being Divine Design. I'm not sure why since I will never be able to afford to duplicate anything she's ever done. But if I ever become independently wealthy, I'm hiring Candice to design an entire house. Ah, to dream!

Yet another perfect example of how much function she manages to fit in every design. I have a smaller house and I'm dying to knock down the wall between our kitchen and living space like she did in their design. I also loved the twinkly quartz countertops and the glass & stainless steel stovetop hood she used!

I guess I did! Well, good, because that one sums up everything that she does right.

I compete with DH for DVR space, and he watches car races that just go on and on and on, so it's a never-ending battle. I used to save the "Sunrise: Earth" shows on Discovery HD. They came on after I left for work, so I would just watch it the next day. Our cat can usually tune out anything, but the episodes with birds drove her nuts.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 15 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

See that's why you need two DVRs.

Then again, that's a perfect example of why I found my way to a credit forum. Smiley Tongue
Message 16 of 22
cobra19
Valued Contributor

Really.........you know, they should cancel this HG channel and replace it with ESPN 3. We have ESPN 2, commonly referred to as "the deuce". If we had an ESPN 3 channel, it'd be known as "the cube".

Makes more sense to me than these HG things.

New York Yankees - 2009 World Series Champions. 27... and counting.....
Message 17 of 22
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

cobra19 wrote:

Really.........you know, they should cancel this HG channel and replace it with ESPN 3. We have ESPN 2, commonly referred to as "the deuce". If we had an ESPN 3 channel, it'd be known as "the cube".

Makes more sense to me than these HG things.

Hey, one more post like that, and you're banned! Smiley Wink

At last count, we had 5 ESPN channels on our idiot box. Smiley Tongue Not to mention Speed, Fox Sport South, and couple of others that I have blocked from my memory. Smiley Tongue Smiley Tongue This is why we have more than one TV!

Maybe you should watch the Man Cave program on DIY with Tony Siragusa. After 10 minutes of it, I start trying to scratch and spit. Smiley Happy
Message 18 of 22
cobra19
Valued Contributor

I get enough of 'gusa on Sundays. DIY.......another channel that should be changed to ESPN. ESPN 4 - "the quad"?.

Anyways, this idiot's idiot box only has 2 ESPN channels. I get FSN, MSG, and YES in addition to ESPN. Never watch FSN though because it's........you know.....FOX. So, that doesn't count as a real channel.

New York Yankees - 2009 World Series Champions. 27... and counting.....
Message 19 of 22
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

cobra19 wrote:

...Never watch FSN though because it's........you know.....FOX. So, that doesn't count as a real channel. 

Not touching this, not touching this...

Smiley Very Happy
Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.