New Contributor
RainaB13

fear of getting turned down

I have raised my score 167 points since May. Gotten my usage down to 11%, have 0 lates or derogatories.Increased my CLs by over $1400. I have been turning down offers for any cards that don't offer CB. In May I will have 0 inquiries, I will,hopefully,only be using my 2 CB cards (limits total $3150) by 30% max & paying them in full weekly. I have over $16000 combined limits min my other cards but, except for 2 or 3 store cards, have no plans to use them.
I would really like to apply for a new CB & have researched the forums for my best. Oh, my score is 749 & according to were Iook is somewhere between good. & excellent. This confuses my CB pick. I'm hoping it will be up higher in May as my recent $500 CLI & my having paid off ALL my cards will be recorded by then with 7 more mos of history.
My problem is, I am afraid of being denied & putting a blot on what will be,by then, 1 yr of relentlessly hard work.
Others in here seem to make up their minds & go for it;sometimes 2 cards at a time. I realize in a yr the inquiry will be gone. I've also heard disappointment.
Can you give me some ideas of what to wait for so I'll have better odds?
Thanks

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+