Reply
New Contributor
RainaB13
Posts: 81
Registered: ‎10-07-2013

fear of getting turned down

I have raised my score 167 points since May. Gotten my usage down to 11%, have 0 lates or derogatories.Increased my CLs by over $1400. I have been turning down offers for any cards that don't offer CB. In May I will have 0 inquiries, I will,hopefully,only be using my 2 CB cards (limits total $3150) by 30% max & paying them in full weekly. I have over $16000 in combined limits min my other cards but, except for 2 or 3 store cards, have no plans to use them.
I would really like to apply for a new CB & have researched the forums for my best. Oh, my score is 749 & according to where I Iook it's somewhere between good & excellent. This confuses my CB pick. I'm hoping my score will be up higher in May as my recent $500 CLI & my having paid off ALL my cards will be recorded by then with 7 more mos of history.
My problem is, I am afraid of being denied & putting a blot on what will be,by then, 1 yr of relentlessly hard work.
Others in here seem to make up their minds & go for it;sometimes 2 cards at a time. I realize in a yr the inquiry will be gone.
It's not that I haven't heard disappointment in here but, there seems to be a contingency plan to follow. I guess I should have one too.
Can you give me some ideas of what to wait for so I'll have better odds as well?
Thanks
New Contributor
RainaB13
Posts: 81
Registered: ‎10-07-2013

Re: fear of getting turned down

Sorry about typo grammar. Cellphone screen won't let me proof.
Super Contributor
mongstradamus
Posts: 5,736
Registered: ‎06-19-2013

Re: fear of getting turned down


RainaB13 wrote:
I have raised my score 167 points since May. Gotten my usage down to 11%, have 0 lates or derogatories.Increased my CLs by over $1400. I have been turning down offers for any cards that don't offer CB. In May I will have 0 inquiries, I will,hopefully,only be using my 2 CB cards (limits total $3150) by 30% max & paying them in full weekly. I have over $16000 in combined limits min my other cards but, except for 2 or 3 store cards, have no plans to use them.
I would really like to apply for a new CB & have researched the forums for my best. Oh, my score is 749 & according to where I Iook it's somewhere between good & excellent. This confuses my CB pick. I'm hoping my score will be up higher in May as my recent $500 CLI & my having paid off ALL my cards will be recorded by then with 7 more mos of history.
My problem is, I am afraid of being denied & putting a blot on what will be,by then, 1 yr of relentlessly hard work.
Others in here seem to make up their minds & go for it;sometimes 2 cards at a time. I realize in a yr the inquiry will be gone.
It's not that I haven't heard disappointment in here but, there seems to be a contingency plan to follow. I guess I should have one too.
Can you give me some ideas of what to wait for so I'll have better odds as well?
Thanks

Try pre approval sections on credit card sites that you are looking for cards with. I believe chase, cap one, discover, citi, and boa have Pre qualified links. If you get pre approved there you probably will have an better chance of approval when you apply. 



EX Fico 770 8/23/14 Fako 796 CS/Credit.com 8/22/14
EQ SW 806 quizzle fako 796 7/19/14
TU Fico 804 8/14/2014 Fako 751 Creditkarma 8/17/2014
New Contributor
RainaB13
Posts: 81
Registered: ‎10-07-2013

Re: fear of getting turned down

Thanks!
It's like I've developed "credit card applying performance anxiety" haha!
Super Contributor
mongstradamus
Posts: 5,736
Registered: ‎06-19-2013

Re: fear of getting turned down


RainaB13 wrote:
Thanks!
It's like I've developed "credit card applying performance anxiety" haha!

No problem , Good luck ! :-)



EX Fico 770 8/23/14 Fako 796 CS/Credit.com 8/22/14
EQ SW 806 quizzle fako 796 7/19/14
TU Fico 804 8/14/2014 Fako 751 Creditkarma 8/17/2014
New Contributor
RainaB13
Posts: 81
Registered: ‎10-07-2013

Re: fear of getting turned down

The pre approval sections are up to no good or something.
Cap 1 gave me Quicksilver but Citi couldn't process my info & just recommended Citi Dividends. That's not my 1st time with that. Anyone else getting
that? Barclay's has one which kept insisting my
code was wrong. I'm a theater actress who trained
at Second City in Chicago & it's killing me that I
couldn't do that with an upper class British accent
(re:smileyvery-happy:ownton Abbey.) Yes,dahling ask me again & I'll tell YOU where to put the frigging code! Rather!
No matter what I entered I could only find comparison section on Chase,
I could only find recommends at Amex.
Oh well, tomorrow's another day. I. did Hannibal Lecter for the Cap1 man & he asked me to do a,southern accent. I did. I think that's why I. really got my CLI.
Enough, bye y'all.
New Contributor
RainaB13
Posts: 81
Registered: ‎10-07-2013

Re: fear of getting turned down

Why thank y'all so much for the little Smiley man. I, wasn't at'al expectin that loveliness, Ah,think I maht be blushin,
Bah,bah,now.
Super Contributor
mongstradamus
Posts: 5,736
Registered: ‎06-19-2013

Re: fear of getting turned down


RainaB13 wrote:
Why thank y'all so much for the little Smiley man. I, wasn't at'al expectin that loveliness, Ah,think I maht be blushin,
Bah,bah,now.

When I did my latest app spree I got pre approvals from discover it and freedom.you can try credit cards.com card match to see if you can get pre approval for bce and bcp. With citi it was kind of weird I got pre approvals in mail,but when I tried on the site I didn't get any pre approvals. I think you just need to be patient.



EX Fico 770 8/23/14 Fako 796 CS/Credit.com 8/22/14
EQ SW 806 quizzle fako 796 7/19/14
TU Fico 804 8/14/2014 Fako 751 Creditkarma 8/17/2014
New Contributor
RainaB13
Posts: 81
Registered: ‎10-07-2013

Re: fear of getting turned down

OK, I've got to get over my FOBADB;fear of being a dumb blonde, & ask••• Never mind bce g bcp=blue card everyday & preferred, right?
Thanks,I'll try that. Cross fingers. Darn computers aren't with me today.
New Contributor
RainaB13
Posts: 81
Registered: ‎10-07-2013

Re: fear of getting turned down

Oh,I take it you wouldn't be telling me this if you didn't get the cards right?

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+