Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fingerhut mess!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

fingerhut mess!

Just though i'd share my experience to help others out. In November my father filed bankruptcy. He's a Sr. & i'm a Jr. (same name). I go to make my fingerhut payment but my account is disabled. Being at work, I couldn't call until after 5pm. I call & they said my account is in the bankruptcy department. I explained I did not file bankruptcy, my dad did. She said this has been happening a lot & unlocked my account. Because it was past the timeframe, after making a payment I get charged a late fee which they refused to remove. Fast forward to last month. I get a call from a lady who I cannot understand. She's asking when I am going to make my payment. I explained to her I made a payment on the 10th (it was due on the 15th and she called on the 16th). She keeps saying the same thing "so when are you going to make a payment". I got so fustrated that I hung up on her. Ironically, I only owed $7.99 so I paid it in full that night lol. Never had any problems until my ipad was close to being paid off.
Well now theyre reporting "account included in bankruptcy" "$0" on my all three credit reports.

I got emails from credit seasme, etc. saying I have new negative information on my file.

"Description: An account provider reported that you did not pay them on time, and the account is now 30, 60, 90, or more days late."

Fingerhut keeps saying/reading a script... that I have to contact the credit agencies because they do not handle reports. It's a joke! Worst, absolutely worst customer service I have ever experienced!!!!!!
Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.