Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fixing my credit

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

fixing my credit

So this is my first post and im not sure where to begin but here we go.

I have an negative items on my report I am trying to remove.

1) frontier..... I called them to ask about the debt to pay it they ran my social security number and had nothing on file. How can they report on my credit if they have no file in collections or active accounts? What should I do?

2)kay jewelers..... called to ask about this account hoping to do a pay for delete. The lady i spoke with told me they don't have any records except name address social security and phone number. They have no other numbers associated with me not even an amount owed. She directed me to a collection agency that had no info at all said they don't have any accounts under my name. What should I do?

3) dci...... this is for Comcast which I paid via comcast and was told I would get it called back. It didn't happen. I emailed the board of directors and eventually got a call from one who was very kind and tried all he could to help but said it would be on dci to remove it now that it's paid. I called dci and they won't budge but the guy on the phone said I should dispute it very quietly I'm hoping that was a hint.

4) security credit services.... Last but not least I got a letter saying that they are the account holder but I should pay the original Account holder (total card inc) to be satisfied in a tci letter head. I called security credit services they direct me straight to tci. They won't except a pfd. For the full amount of 220. I wrote a letter to the so called ceo gave me but haven't heard back and probably wont. I was thinking if I should keep at it or bite the bullet and settle pay in full or not pay at all. I want to get a house and would like this removed blah.

Other then that I paid 6000 on my credit cards and 0 balanced them I just have those to remove and I hope I'm home free in the credit repair game. I thank you all for any help received and this site is amazing. I recommend everyone look at it.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: fixing my credit

1) Regarding Frontier, if they have reported it on your credit, dispute it as you have made an item to fix the problem and they don't have it in their system.

2) For Kay Jewelers, have you called the collection agency? If so, what di they say?

3) Again, dispute it as the rep. suggested.

4) If you can afford to pay it, then pay it off since your ultimate goal is to get a house.

Lastly, good job paying off the debt as you seem to be on the right track.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes it's me.

When I called kay they said all they have is the account number my name old address and coll3ction company that it went too they had no numbers and couldn't tell me how much the debt was for. When I called the collection agency they had nothing at all with the account number and social security number so I will dispute again. I just don't understand why it comes back verified still.

And yes I do have the money to pay it off its only 220 I was hoping I could pay for delete but the people are exreamly rude when I call. They told me security credit services owns the debt but when I try to pay they send me to the original Creditor which tells me they have nothing to do with the account anymore I am at a loss I want to just be done but want to try and get the best credit score I can blah
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Yes it's me.

When I called kay they said all they have is the account number my name old address and coll3ction company that it went too they had no numbers and couldn't tell me how much the debt was for. When I called the collection agency they had nothing at all with the account number and social security number so I will dispute again. I just don't understand why it comes back verified still. [1]

And yes I do have the money to pay it off its only 220 I was hoping I could pay for delete but the people are exreamly rude when I call. They told me security credit services owns the debt but when I try to pay they send me to the original Creditor which tells me they have nothing to do with the account anymore I am at a loss I want to just be done but want to try and get the best credit score I can blah [2]

[1] When that happens, call the credit bureau directly and talk to someone over there and explain what is going on. I am beginning to think when it comes to these CBs, once an item has been disputed multiple times, they don't bother verifying once the item is disputed again.  So definately call and see why it is coming back verified.

[2] Rude people are the worse.  But at this time, you are the one who needs the more.  Pay for delete is a great option based on your ultimate goal so try to bite your tongue and see if you can work with them for best options.

You can call them names afterwards when you get off the phoneSmiley Very Happy.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh man I have sent these guys pfd letters emailed the ceo and also asked for a pfd called the ceo talked to a different representative they said they won't do it because it's against company policy grrrrr
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.