Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

funny story

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

funny story

I don't have any right now, but surely someone must! Let's have some laughs here!
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

Re: funny story

I was once castigated on this board for not being serious about credit all the time and trying to lighten things up a little  Smiley Sad

The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is one of those really weird credit dreams that involves some shopping and fashion.

A couple of night's ago, I dreamed I was with my ex sil shopping for jean's. She kept picking some really awful looking one's out and I kept telling her no. Finally, she found a pair that she just knew I would love. She held them up for me to see and stitched on the back pocket's was the Chase logo in rhinestone's!!  If that wasn't bad enough, they were made out of a velour type material. Thank goodness something woke me. I sure hope those weren't the pair I purchased, lol.
Message 3 of 6
Scamp
Valued Contributor

MidnightVoice wrote:
I was once castigated on this board for not being serious about credit all the time and trying to lighten things up a little  Smiley Sad

Aw, poor MV. 

Hope this gives you a laugh - one of my favorite 'dumb tourist' stories about myself:

2nd trip to the UK, didn't see much of London on 1st trip, was in taxi en route to my B&B in the West End.

Lovely driver (as they all seem to be) - took me on a route that passed various royal or otherwise posh residences, telling me so-and-so lives here, so-and-such lives there, etc.  I'm rubbernecking as he's talking, trying to see which building goes with which comment, and as we're turning a corner, I catch a glimpse out the rear window of a really stunning edifice of a building, and I exclaim, "Oh, wow, what's THAT?" as we're speeding on down the street.

There was one of those pauses often described as "pregnant" as the driver eyed me in the mirror; then he replied with wonderful restraint, "Em, that's Buckingham Palace, luv".

Smiley Very Happy

02/12/09 EX: 701 / 02/08/10 EQ: 719 / 02/08/10 TU: 723

Backdoor Numbers, Credit Scoring 101, Understanding Your FICO Score PDF
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

There was one of those pauses often described as "pregnant" as the driver eyed me in the mirror; then he replied with wonderful restraint, "Em, that's Buckingham Palace, luv".

Smiley Very Happy

I love it!!!!

well here's my favorite....

My youngest was about...3 1/2... and I had just gotten out of the shower and was applying lotion to my legs.  She was at the point in her life that she loved to tell riddles. (Her idea of riddles.)
She says...Mummy, what smells really, really yummy and has lots! and lots! of skin?
I says...hmmmm, I don't know, a watermelon?
She says...no silly, You!!!!

I have tons more, but I'd bore you all to death  hehe
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

We had just visited the Smithsonian and stopped at a gas station on the way home. DD went in to go potty while I picked out snackies. DD comes out, and immediately starts up a conversation with the grownups waiting in line.. she's super-chatty. Tells them ALLL about our trip to the "Smithonian" and all the neat stuff we saw. Grown-ups are appropriately smiling and thinking how cute this little girl is.. Then, ... "uh-huh! AND, we saw a PLAYMATION movie!!" 

*cue sound effect of record being ripped off record player*
*gas station falls silent and all eyes are on my cute daughter, and her horrid mother who just let her daughter see a PLAYMATE movie!!!

I finally find my voice "No no no!!! It was a CLAYmation movie, honey. About dinosaurs!"
*me looking around wildly at the other responsible adults*
"Claymation! You know, like James and the Giant Peach?!"

Oh man, we hightailed it outta there. I'm pretty sure they all believed me, but boy was that an awkward moment...
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.