Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

good credit card wallet.

tag
Trons
New Contributor

Re: good credit card wallet.

@Shogun wrote:

I have a wife and 2 kids.  I don't need a wallet.  Don't keep anything long enough to put in it.

pshhh...wife, 2 kids.  Try a wife, 4 kids, oldest a Senior in College....

Starting: EQ 590 (LP 8/12) TU 589 (LP 8/12) EX 612 (LP 8/12)
Current: EQ 650(LP 9/12/12) TU 667 (LP 9/12/12) EX 676 (LP 9/12/12)
Goal: 620 (for VA Mortgage)
Goal Reached. Pre-qualified for VA loan, 9/12/12

My Jeep is like my wife. Cleans up nice, but a lot more fun when she's dirty.
Message 11 of 19
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

@Trons wrote:

@Shogun wrote:

I have a wife and 2 kids.  I don't need a wallet.  Don't keep anything long enough to put in it.

pshhh...wife, 2 kids.  Try a wife, 4 kids, oldest a Senior in College....

I'll give you that.   Just think,, always could be worse.  Could have 2 kids, 4 wives....   lol

Then you could be on TruTV

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 12 of 19
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

I was actually just searching this board for such a thread.  I need new wallet to celebrate my new found credit cards.  I will be removing my Amex Prepaid card and placing the following new cards:  Amex Zync, Amex Delta, Walmart Discover and CU Rewards MC.  These will join my two rebuilder cards: Cap1 and WF.

I almost want to put my Amex cards in protective sleeves Smiley Happy (also hoping for some backdating but not sure if they can locate info)

So any good wallets for say 8 cards (6 above plus normal debit card and business card)

Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 808 TU --- EX --- CK 804(FAKO-EX 821, EQ 823, TU 803)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 13 of 19
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

i went to men's wearhouse today and nothing good. 

i havent had rebuilder cards but store cards. 

i need a wallet for at least 

i.d. 

insurance(last time i went to the doctors or hospital for myself was over 5 years ago)

4 cards(mc,mc, freedom, zync) 

5 store cards(but will most likely just sock drawer these) 

which fyi every place ive tried if i dont have my card they can look it up at the register via social and id. (which is kinda crazy)

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 14 of 19
Tommy5746
Regular Contributor

@creditnocash wrote:

i went to men's wearhouse today and nothing good. 

i havent had rebuilder cards but store cards. 

i need a wallet for at least 

i.d. 

insurance(last time i went to the doctors or hospital for myself was over 5 years ago)

4 cards(mc,mc, freedom, zync) 

5 store cards(but will most likely just sock drawer these) 

which fyi every place ive tried if i dont have my card they can look it up at the register via social and id. (which is kinda crazy)

Try Nordstrom Rack... They have awesome wallets that normally sell for around 100 bucks for about 30 dollars... I got my last one there and its awesome.. holds 11 credit cards PLUS my Id... and two folds for cash and two receipt holders... awesome wallet..Bosca Essentials Wallet.. you can find it on Amazon.com but its about 70-90 bucks on there,,

Goal: 700 and an Amex Card!

Chicks Dig Guys With Good Credit Smiley Happy
Message 15 of 19
TheConductor
Established Contributor

I'm a big fan of minimal wallets that don't add a lot of bulk to the bulk of the cards/bills I want to carry.

My current favorites are:

The Slimfold Wallet is my everyday.  Made of Tyvek so it's super-strong with minimal bulk.  Holds 10 cards and some bills comfortably.

http://slimfoldwallet.com/?page_id=5

For a night out when I only need a couple cards, an ID, and a couple bills, I use the Jimi. Mine holds 4 cards one side and a few bills in the built-in money clip the other side.  If you get the JimiX version, the money clip moves to the outside giving you a little more room for cards inside.

http://www.thejimi.com/

For formal occasions, I have a black version of this Martin Margiela card holder. I've yet to find a non-leather wallet I'd want to whip out when I'm wearing a tux or a nice suit, but this manages to be less bulky than the typical bi-fold/tri-fold leather wallet. I load it with a few cards and ID, and maybe a couple of tickets if I'm off to the opera/ballet/whatever.

http://www.oki-ni.com/uncategorised-sale/maison-martin-margiela-11-mens-card-holder/invt/mm1250hay/&...

Starting: EQ 622 (myFICO 7/7/12), EX 696 (TU FAKO 8/14/12), TU 621 (CK TransRisk 7/24/12), Total CL $1k on 2 TLs
Current: EQ 709 (CCT 2/4/15), EX 704 (CCT 2/4/15) , TU 702 (CCT 2/4/15), Total CL $110.3k on 14 TLs Goal: 740+ x3
My Wallet: Amex BCP $30k, Chase United Explorer $16k, Amex SPG $13.5k, Barclaycard Ring MC $12.5k, Chase CSP VS $12.2k, Discover it $10.5k, C1 Venture VS $6.5k, Chase Slate $3.5k, Amex Hilton Surpass $2k, Barclaycard Apple V $2k, Chase Freedom V $1100, BoA Cash Rewards V $500, Citi BestBuy $500
My Loans: Prosper $25k/36mo, Prosper $17k/36mo
My Business: Chase Ink VS $5k, Amex BRG NPSL (> 10k),
Message 16 of 19
TheConductor
Established Contributor

Oh! Also, for those who like to stand out, I recommend Poketo wallets.

http://poketo.com/shop/wallets

They are constantly changing the lineup with different artists creating their limited edition art wallets.  They're all made of paper laminated in plastic. The only catch is they're not very durable, but that just encourages you to change it up with new designs.  I tended to destroy one of these every 6 months as my everyday wallet until I found the less-arty but more-durable Slimfold.

Starting: EQ 622 (myFICO 7/7/12), EX 696 (TU FAKO 8/14/12), TU 621 (CK TransRisk 7/24/12), Total CL $1k on 2 TLs
Current: EQ 709 (CCT 2/4/15), EX 704 (CCT 2/4/15) , TU 702 (CCT 2/4/15), Total CL $110.3k on 14 TLs Goal: 740+ x3
My Wallet: Amex BCP $30k, Chase United Explorer $16k, Amex SPG $13.5k, Barclaycard Ring MC $12.5k, Chase CSP VS $12.2k, Discover it $10.5k, C1 Venture VS $6.5k, Chase Slate $3.5k, Amex Hilton Surpass $2k, Barclaycard Apple V $2k, Chase Freedom V $1100, BoA Cash Rewards V $500, Citi BestBuy $500
My Loans: Prosper $25k/36mo, Prosper $17k/36mo
My Business: Chase Ink VS $5k, Amex BRG NPSL (> 10k),
Message 17 of 19
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@TheConductor wrote:

They are constantly changing the lineup with different artists creating their limited edition art wallets.  They're all made of paper laminated in plastic. The only catch is they're not very durable, but that just encourages you to change it up with new designs.  I tended to destroy one of these every 6 months as my everyday wallet until I found the less-arty but more-durable Slimfold.

Oooo, there is an adventure time one Smiley Tongue 

Message 18 of 19
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

@TheConductor wrote:

i like this one but its sold out.... 

the other ones were not growing on me.... 

thanks fo the update though. 

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.