cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

help - for a vacuum cleaner...Oreck Or Dyson?

tag
daisyduke
Valued Contributor

help - for a vacuum cleaner...Oreck Or Dyson?

I am tired of carrying my hoover wind tunnel, probably weighs like 30 pounds plus, up and down four flights of stairs. Four flights. i think i have twenty steps each for each flight....

I'm debating b/t an Oreck and the Dyson.  ,Problem with the Oreck is that it doesn't have the onboard attachments.  But it is light, at 7 pounds, I can carry that up and down the steps with ease but would I would require another device to do my four flights of steps. A handheld device I suppose. Another piece of equipment that will need a home.

or the dyson....i like the idea of the ball and everything, getting all the dirt and debris, ...but not so sure i want to pay 500 plus for a stupid vacuum. I don't know how heavy a Dyson would be either, I think that is a light product however. Rave reviews for the Dyson. BUT, I think the cheapier version is still too much money.

I have had two wind tunnel's now. the first one started to smoke. Desginated smoking section only. i put it to rest. But it does pick up well, on hw, and carpet and has the onboard attachements, for cleaning hard surfaces, hard to get surfaces. it's just too heavy.

any opinions?

Starting Score: 682 EQ, 663 TU
Current Score: 687 EQ - 705 TU on 7/18/10
Goal Score: 700 + both EQ and TU

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Uborrow-Upay
Valued Contributor

Re: help - for a vacuum cleaner...Oreck Or Dyson?

They both suck... :smileyvery-happy:
Message 2 of 13
Imhotrodcrazy
Valued Contributor

@Uborrow-Upay wrote:
They both suck... :smileyvery-happy:

LOL LOL LOL.....I needed that today.
FICO 08
TU 842 12/8/18
EX 840 12/29/18
EQ 842 12/8/18
(NASA 30K) ( Amex 44k ) ( Freedom 10.6K ) ( US Bank Cash+ 20k, LOC 15k ) Winners never quit, and quitters never win
last app 2/15
Message 3 of 13
daisyduke
Valued Contributor

daisy is ROFLMAO...thanks for the chuckle....

Starting Score: 682 EQ, 663 TU
Current Score: 687 EQ - 705 TU on 7/18/10
Goal Score: 700 + both EQ and TU

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 13
Desert-Rat
Regular Contributor

I have a Dyson.  I hate the way the handle (wand)  works with the hose.  It's really awkward.......  just my opinion.  I'm looking too, find us a good one!  Oreck is probably wonderful, but I think way over-priced.

D-R

Message 5 of 13
DI
Super Contributor

neither!! Bissell instead

Message 6 of 13
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

I have two dyson animals and love them both.  They can both suck-start a harley!  Every so often, the clutch needs to be reset.  We keep them clean and they work great. 

One good way to kill a vacuum....luck it up and down...that's why I have two.  One is the breast cancer pink, lol.

Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

So tired of buying vacuums - [and always after reading consumer review magazines] that don't suck!  do smoke!  and even spit! more or less annually.  Finally gave in and bought a Dyson.  Love love love love love love love it!  High cost - but definitely cheaper than what we've spent combined on the "disposable vacs" in the past several years.

Husband does the stairs with it and says it's super swell.

Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Id have to say go for a dyson. I've yet to own a dyson (cant afford one) but having had a few orecks that were given to me and using the ones at work I'd have to say that orecks are overpriced cheap pieces of crap.

I can suck better through a straw that that vacuum can.

Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Our Dyson worked very well. 

My Mom swears by her Kirby.  She has had it for 20 years....its a tank and I know you wouldn't want to lug it up the stairs.  But those things sure lasted a long time.

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.