Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

incorrectly removed from two accounts I was an authorized user on

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

incorrectly removed from two accounts I was an authorized user on

I recently sent a hand written letter to the three credit bureaus disputing a personal account. Instead of referencing my account number I just included my ss# and DOB. After researching the letter the three credit bureaus decided to remove me from the two accounts I am an authorized user on with my wife. These accounts were in good standing and were helping my credit score. I have been going back and forth with both Citicards and the credit bureaus to get me added back on both accounts. The credit bureaus told me to contact Citi and have them reinsert me back on. On three different occassions I have contacted Citi and spoken to three different supervisors. The first two were very supportive and tried to help. The first one told me after speaking with the Citi Card dispute department that once a credit bureau request for an account to be removed they cannot be added back on. Only the credit bureau can add them back on at that point. The next supervisor told me that they can be reinserted back and should be done by the end of the week. It has been 10 days since I spoke to that supervisor. Nothing has been added at the credit bureaus. I called Citi again today and I am waiting for another status update. The mixed answers is troubling to me. Does anyone know the legal policy on this matter? Does anyone have advice or an executive email or phone number to cal lCiti  to have this escalated even higher than a supervisor? And more importantly give me a straight answer. Thank you in advance.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Chris123nTx
Established Contributor

Re: incorrectly removed from two accounts I was an authorized user on

I would use both cards and then give it a month, or even two, and see if they report like they normally would. It may just take a regular billing cycle or two for things to get back on track. 

I don't know that there is any law covering anything like this. CC companies can either report or not. On top of that, it is really your wifes accounts so they may not be listening to you. As an AU you can use the cards but have no financial responsibility or ownership of the card. 

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.