cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

is the Chase Sapphire metal?

tag
Lorax0

is the Chase Sapphire metal?

I couldn't find any info if the non prefered or reserve sapphire was a metal or plastic card. I know its not available anymore, but was reading you can product change into the standard sapphire.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: is the Chase Sapphire metal?

Regular Sapphire is a plastic card.

Message 2 of 8
Time2letgo
Regular Contributor

I don't think there is a "Chase Sapphire" but Chase Sapphire Prefferred & Chase Sapphire Reserved are both metal cards.

Work In Progress:
Current Revolving Personal CL: ~$466K

Current Revolving Business CL: ~$107K

Gardening Until Dec 2019 or Until All Scores are back above 800s

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

wrote:

I don't think there is a "Chase Sapphire" but Chase Sapphire Prefferred & Chase Sapphire Reserved are both metal cards.

There is a regular Chase Sapphire with no annual fee and fewer benefits, it used to be able to apply for but now they don't take applications. However, CSP and CSR can be downgraded to this version as of now.

Message 4 of 8
Time2letgo
Regular Contributor

I stand corrected Smiley Happy

Thanks

Work In Progress:
Current Revolving Personal CL: ~$466K

Current Revolving Business CL: ~$107K

Gardening Until Dec 2019 or Until All Scores are back above 800s

Message 5 of 8
MrDisco99
Valued Contributor

Yeah it's a downgrade option for the CSP and CSR.  It earns 2X at restaurants and 1X everywhere else.  Points are worth 1 cent on the portal and no transfer partners.  No annual fee.

And yeah, it's plastic.

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Fwiw, it's also possible to PC a Freedom, Freedom Unlimited, or Slate into a basic Sapphire...although I'm not really sure why one would want to...I guess if you have a Freedom, Freedom Unlimited and a Slate that you no longer need for balance transfers and you don't want to pay the annual fee for a CSP or CSR, but you do want the 2x on dining...I mean if you eat out enough that 2x dining is gonna be critical for you over 1.5x on the FU, then you shouldn't have any issue covering the $95 fee on the CSP
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymouswrote:
Fwiw, it's also possible to PC a Freedom, Freedom Unlimited, or Slate into a basic Sapphire...although I'm not really sure why one would want to...I guess if you have a Freedom, Freedom Unlimited and a Slate that you no longer need for balance transfers and you don't want to pay the annual fee for a CSP or CSR, but you do want the 2x on dining...I mean if you eat out enough that 2x dining is gonna be critical for you over 1.5x on the FU, then you shouldn't have any issue covering the $95 fee on the CSP

...or picking up any of the 3% or 4% dining cards with no AF like Uber or Cap1 Savor...

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.