Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

is this a joke??

tag
wiivile
New Contributor

is this a joke??

http://nypost.com/2014/07/05/the-22-year-old-dropout-who-created-nycs-most-exclusive-credit-card/

dumb rich yuppie kids, hahaha

this is NOT a credit card.

Chase Freedom Visa: 11/2009, $4,700 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature: 11/2013, $15,000 CL
U.S. Bank Cash+ Visa Signature: 11/2013, $15,700 CL
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
odd_dog
Valued Contributor

Re: is this a joke??

LOL no it is not a credit card, but I am sure that will not stop many on here from applying....Important question do they give high CL's?  Seriously I would not trust these people to take my magnetic strip and put it on "their card" sounds bizarre to say the least.....

Message 2 of 8
SomeGuyOnTheWeb
Regular Contributor

Dude is smart and is providing something to which he has (apparent) clientele. More power to him. Though, I do have to wonder how you "start your own credit card company"?

EQ - 727
TU - 752
EX - 774
Message 3 of 8
juggar
Contributor

@wiivile wrote:

http://nypost.com/2014/07/05/the-22-year-old-dropout-who-created-nycs-most-exclusive-credit-card/

dumb rich yuppie kids, hahaha

this is NOT a credit card.

You're right its not a credit card... its essentially just a clone of an already existing credit/debit cards magnetic strip. 

Kind of stupid its one of those ideas that only works in large cities. Im 22 and I think an actual credit card like the Palladium or Centurion would carry far more meaning than this. 

This "magnisis" seems more of a large social club. 

Amex Green, Chase Freedom(7.5K), Nationwide Visa Signature(6K), Chase Sapphire Preferred(6k), Cap One VentureOne visa signature (5K) BoA Cash Rewards siggy (5K), BoA travel rewards visa siggy(5K) PayPal Extras Mastercard(5K), Capital One QuickSilver(2.25K) Newegg Preferred Account(2K), Citi Forward(3.4K), Dell Account(2K) Discover IT(2.4K), Chase Slate (1.5K) Citi Diamond Preferred ($800), BestBuy Mastercard ($1500),Bill-Me-Later(1.2K), ,Barclay Mastercard(2K). TigerDirect TigerPay(3.15K), Wal-mart credit card(3.9K), Amazon store card (2K)

equifax - 720, TU - 747, Exp - 734 - report date 11/24/2014
15+ inqs...
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I wonder how much he is pulling in from this?
Message 5 of 8
MoreRewards
Established Contributor

Why didn't I think of this!
EQ 773 * EX 786 * TU 797
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I dislike the whole pretentiousness of the whole thing "We put those people on a wait list" "No one's gotten off the wait list yet."

Message 7 of 8
grillandwinemaster
Valued Contributor

God Bless America, and her entrepreneurial (sp) spirit!  Remember the pet rock of the 70's?  Lol

Current Scores 3/2016 Equifax 676 Transunion 697 Experian 648 Goal Scores: 720's accross the board. Gardening Goal: 3/2017
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.