Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

laptop/printer

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: laptop/printer

Sorry, got busy.

You should be able to setup the router to provide a wireless network between your laptops and printer. When the setup refers to internet or modem, just ignore it and go forward with setting up the wireless network. You will use your aircards for internet and they have nothing to do with your printing network.

I wouldn't waste money on a 3g router because you would then be sharing one internet connection instead of using the two you have. You would cut your bandwidth in half for no good reason (as long as you have two aircards anyway). Would be different if you had to buy them. Of course, if you only use the two aircards at home; changing to a 3g router you could do away with one cell phone line.

Message Edited by contractor on 01-24-2009 09:42 PM
Message 11 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks again for the help.

My understanding is once i hardwire it for the set up i will then be able to unhook the wires from everything (router, laptops, printer) and everything will then be connected wireless.

I haven't had a chance to do this as I'm a bit under the weather.  I plan to as soon as I'm feeling better.

And the question of if I can use the router I have, the girl from linksys said I couldn't.  Her words were "you have the wrong router to do this".

I appreciate your help, and I will certainly reread once I'm feeling better and not taking meds. Wonderful meds make you feel so much better, but they leave you confused.  Thanks Vicki

Message 12 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

You're welcome. Not good advice but it's free.

Once setup, you will not need wires between the LT's and printer, that's correct.

Hope you get well soon.

It looks to me like that router will work just fine, dunno why it wouldn't.

I'm usually confused without meds.

Message 13 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

My new laptop does not ship until 3rd of Feb because they have chinese New Year.  Grrrr.  But they will credit me $60.00 to the CC I paid with once it ships.  Double Grrrr as I hardly ever use that card.  Last time was last March when I ordered DHs laptop.   Oh well it will all come out in the wash.   Vicki
Message 14 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

UPDATE:  I got my laptop in.  I got my wireless network hooked up and my wireless printer.  All is working.  Thanks for all your help Vicki
Message 15 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Most Excellent !  You rock.Smiley Wink
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.