Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

myFICO website needs spell check

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

myFICO website needs spell check

I'm just someone who tries to help people understand their credit score.  I'd love to send them to this website, but silly things keep me from doing so.  Here's just one page in need of some professional proofreading:  (follow-up edit: the page was fixed after my post, so I removed the link and examples...they were a bit embarrasing).  I'd love to help you, but I can't email or offer feedback to you in any meaningful way unless it's about my personal score/account.  If you monitor these forums at all, hopefully you'll see this and make some changes.   Come on myFICO. For a major corporation, this is really bad.  Simple spelling errors on your site make you look indifferent at best, incompetent at worst.  Given how the accuracy of your work affect the lives of millions, things like this should be incredibly important to you.  You should be "all about the details."  Hire a good proofreader  It shows that you take your work seriously.  (Funny thing: there is "spell check" option on this message box.  Hint, hint.)

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Re: myFICO website needs spell check

Welcome to the Forums.

Ok., I tried.  I don't have a reply for that one.  I for one strive to give good and accurate info.  But if I do happen to misspell something, I hope not to come off as incompetent.  Just relax, come on in, learn and share.  We welcome you.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not a big deal when spelling is a challenge on a forum Smiley Happy  That's to be expected...it's communication "on-the-fly" and "off-the-cuff."  But actual company webpages are another thing completely. Don't get me wrong, we all make mistakes (I do, frequently Smiley Happy...but I am sure that FICO does not want pages like that to affect our perception of them.  It does...that's just a marketing fact.  Ask any HR recruiter how they feel about a resume with a typo on it.  Can you say "circular file?"  Yeah...humans are like that!  Thanks for the welcome.  I don't normally post to forums, but that seemed to be the only way to let someone know about their unfortunate typos...and I really just wanted to help!  Thanks!

Message 3 of 5
novabama
Frequent Contributor

It drives me INSANE when people say

If "your" trying to do _____....

Hello.... you, your, you're.. all totally different. Lolz.

Message 4 of 5
ShiningDown
Frequent Contributor

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.