Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new phishing email; this time purportedly from NACHA

tag
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

new phishing email; this time purportedly from NACHA

OK, we all know what phishing looks like by now (or at least I hope we do), but here's an example of the latest. You might not be caught, but friends and family might.

They still can't seem to get their English quite right...

Dear Client,

ACH transfer (ID:3453245424) is going to be reviewed because of the incorrectly input data
when sending the payment.

Important:
Please, fill in the application form attached attentively and send it to us.
After that your transfer will be processed.

If you have any questions or comments, contact us at info@nacha.org.
Thank you for using www.nacha.org

Cathy McNickle
NACHA Risk Management Services

Per the nacha.org website, "NACHA manages the development, administration, and governance of the ACH Network, the backbone for the electronic movement of money and data. The ACH Network serves as a safe, secure, reliable network for direct consumer, business, and government payments, and annually facilitates billions of payments such as Direct Deposit and Direct Payment." They've been under attack by phishers for a while now.

Rather than "attentively filling in" the form that they so kindly attach, nacha.org requests that if you get one of these, please forward it to abuse@nacha.org. And of course, don't open anything.  Smiley Wink

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: new phishing email; this time purportedly from NACHA

I got one this morning and filled it out. I should be good to go with my ACHes now, right? BTW, I like their motorgage calculators.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@llecs wrote:

I got one this morning and filled it out. I should be good to go with my ACHes now, right? BTW, I like their motorgage calculators.

@Anonymous @ IIecs Smiley Very Happy

In this day and age with all the identity theft and scams like the one you're referring to and the 789,947,234 other Email scams out there, do people really still open these attachments, fill them out and send them back?

Message 3 of 5
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

I'll pull up summaries of our police reports each morning here in town. There's one scam that's going around here that some are falling for: the scammer will call someone saying that a relative of theirs is stuck in England and needs money to get out of the country and proceed to instruct them on sending money. People are actually wiring out money!

Message 4 of 5
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

The people who get caught by a phish like this are often older people, maybe a bit new to computers, and tending to respect and follow the directions of someone who seems to represent authority.

Not cynical boomers like me, I guess. Smiley Very Happy

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.