Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

old, washed-up loser...no home due to credit addiction

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

old, washed-up loser...no home due to credit addiction

I'm 56 and was denied a VA-backed home loan due to credit seeking and old delinquencies.  700 score wasn't enough to get a home.  If you want a home, don't go for credit cards.  Don't pay late, don't get in over your head.   Otherwise you'll end up old, broke and homeless like me.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Gunnar419
Valued Contributor

Re: old, washed-up loser...no home due to credit addiction

That's sound advice. OTOH, your experience is not typical. You've written before about your struggles with gambling addiction and massive spending. Credit addiction doesn't seem to be your main problem, but a symptom.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/remembering-the-past/m-p/4702289

I'm sorry you're still struggling so badly. I'm sure everybody here has been rooting for you over the years to overcome your sadly destructive habits.

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry to hear.  Hang in there---.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I may have misunderstood the rejection.  It was for a house that I originally placed an offer on then retracted it.  The loan on the condo apparently has been approved, though I do not have the official word.  The condo has been inspected and I am now awaiting the VA assessment.  Closing date is scheduled for August 10th.  In the meantime I am staying in a hotel, escaping the roommate horrors that I encountered after responding to a craigslist ad in March while I was gambling in Arizona.  I am in Oregon near where the condo is located.  If I close on the property I will let you know.  My score is up to 702 on EX, 700 on TU.  Credit card debt 0, money in the bank, bills paid.   I am OK for the moment.  The 4th was very bad...but today is a new day.

Thanks and take care.

Message 4 of 6
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Glad to hear, wish you the bestSmiley Happy
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi,

I may have misunderstood the rejection.  It was for a house that I originally placed an offer on then retracted it.  The loan on the condo apparently has been approved, though I do not have the official word.  The condo has been inspected and I am now awaiting the VA assessment.  Closing date is scheduled for August 10th.  In the meantime I am staying in a hotel, escaping the roommate horrors that I encountered after responding to a craigslist ad in March while I was gambling in Arizona.  I am in Oregon near where the condo is located.  If I close on the property I will let you know.  My score is up to 702 on EX, 700 on TU.  Credit card debt 0, money in the bank, bills paid.   I am OK for the moment.  The 4th was very bad...but today is a new day.

Thanks and take care.

@Congrats on your new home!!!Smiley Happy All we can do is live one day @ a time. Best wishes to you buffett1193!

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.