Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"High" Income In College

tag
Jbb2788
Regular Contributor

"High" Income In College

Where in the world do some of you guys live? I just read a thread and the kid said he was; 21, in college, and his income was $40k. I know that is not a "high" income but I mean come on, that is decent pay where I live. (Oklahoma)

**10/31/13
EX-650
EQ-660
TU-660
GOAL: 750 ACROSS THE BOARD
Last App: 10/13
Gardening Until: 4/14 (At least)
Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22
enharu
Super Contributor

Re: "High" Income In College

Depends. 40k income as a college student may seem out of the norm but not impossible.

A summer internship at an investment bank or consulting firm for example can net over 20k easily even at a boutique firm; more if you are talking about the bigger firms such as GS, MS, McKinsey, BCG, etc. Accounting and certain banking arms pays pretty good as well, though it may depend on the firm. Sometimes numbers are way higher, sometimes lower, depending on the economy and location.

What I listed is just some industries. There are many other well paying jobs as well that are not business relevant.
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 2 of 23
jpritche

It's full time(45 hrs a week) as an engineer. That's why it's "high"
Message 3 of 23
toppers555
Established Contributor

I agree it all depends on field . I am a full time college student yet I also work full time as tech support/ engineer  and make over 60k , but then again I am not your average 26 college student.

TU 715 No apps to 05/13 cash+ 5/13!!! 738 TU CSP April 13!!!CSP approved May 13!!!

Message 4 of 23
dap1984va
New Contributor

Message 5 of 23
dap1984va
New Contributor

I actually like oklahoma, was in tulsa for a split second. it can be difficult depending if someone lives with-in or beyond there financial bubble, or have a expensive taste 

Message 6 of 23
bigbang91
Established Contributor

i made ~75k a year, and i'm a senior . I work with stocks and manage fund, ironically my major is biology lol.

Message 7 of 23
Luscher
Valued Contributor

message me on how to make that much while in college^ lol thanks
CHASE FREEDOM | AMEX BCE | | BOFA REWARDS | CITI TYP | Quicksilver | DISCOVER IT | Sallie Mae | CHASE CSP
--------$32,000-------------$30,000-----------$30,000-----------$30,000-----$13,000---------$18,200----------$15,000---------$6,500----

FICO - TU: 780 EX: 784 EQ: 781
Message 8 of 23
Jbb2788
Regular Contributor

@Bigbang I'm in Stillwater which is about an hour east of Tulsa. It is a small college town and I guess that is why I'm so shocked to hear college students are making that kind of money. I'm a professional but I know many college students in this part of the country are making WAY less than that. Actually there are grads they aren't making that as well. I guess when you take into account that the cost of living here is so much less than it is in say CA or NY then it all averages out. While my income is not 6 digits, I live VERY comfortable. 

**10/31/13
EX-650
EQ-660
TU-660
GOAL: 750 ACROSS THE BOARD
Last App: 10/13
Gardening Until: 4/14 (At least)
Message 9 of 23
Nightfallx
New Contributor

i'm 24, didn't go to college, and I started out at 45k plus overtime.  Memphis,TN "Tech Support"

in my wallet:
Amex Zync : NPSL (main card always pif)
Discover More: 6,500$ (no balance)
Chase Sapphire : 5000.00$ (no balance)
Citi Thank You Card backed by Amex 8,200$ (no balance)
Amex Blue Cash 21,000$
Best Buy Store Card : 5,700$ (I'm a nerd so used a lot)
Message 10 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.