cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Nights in Rodanthe" (Richard Gere, Diane Lane, Christopher Meloni)

tag
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

"Nights in Rodanthe" (Richard Gere, Diane Lane, Christopher Meloni)

Whoa.

Just saw the trailer. Might need to go with a GF and leave DH at home watching NASCAR on the widescreen. Smiley Wink

So Chris Meloni (Eliot Stabler on Law and Order: SVU) is the NON-hottie?

Whoa!
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
southernficoaddict
Frequent Contributor

Re: "Nights in Rodanthe" (Richard Gere, Diane Lane, Christopher Meloni)

hauling, I saw the trailer last weekend when I took DD's and DD1's little fella to see "Swingvote", (a couple of "wordy" spots, but otherwise a pretty good movie).  The trailer made me almost cry, so I went and bought the book and finished it last night. I have to say, can't wait to see the movie!
Message 2 of 10
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

I'm visualizing the audience demographics: 97% female, many in their forties and beyond, and a handful of horrified guys dragged along. Smiley Very Happy

Just about any movie that co-stars a beach, other than D-Day movies, will catch my attention.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 3 of 10
marty56
Super Contributor

I heard it took longer to film then expected.  Something about having to find a new stunt gerbil since the current one refused to do  the "love" scene..

I know - I'm a sick puppy.
1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 4 of 10
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

marty, I'm going to sentence you to 40 hr/week employment on Snopes.com! Smiley Wink
Message 5 of 10
marty56
Super Contributor

I'm a bad boy, a bad boy.

Seriously, Richard Gere is a great actor and one of my all time favorite movies was Primal Fear. Edward Norton stole the show but its still a great movie.

I also liked him in the Mothman Prophecy.
1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 6 of 10
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

Richard Gere AND Diane Lane together again?  Be still my female heart!  They are two of my favorites...together they just *work*.

Sounds like DH will be sitting in the lobby for this one.
Message 7 of 10
atlastontheroad
Established Contributor

fishbjc wrote:
Richard Gere AND Diane Lane together again?  Be still my female heart!  They are two of my favorites...together they just *work*.

Sounds like DH will be sitting in the lobby for this one.

We saw "Tropic Thunder" last night, a waste of time, breath and money.  However, I'm considering it a man-chit which means himself will be seeing "Nights in Rodanthe" with me the day it opens. 

Just missed "Swing Vote" but I really wanted to see it.  With the big money stuff hitting theaters, it just didn't stay around too long.  I'll admit to having dragged DD to see "Mama Mia" - it was the worst.  So bad, in fact, that it was entertaining.   Meryl Streep has the Midas Touch.

Has anyone seen "Vicky, Cristina, Barcelona?"  If so, is it worth the time or is the trailer the best part?  I'm curious.

atlast....

Message Edited by atlastontheroad on 08-24-2008 12:40 AM
Ficos 2/17/08: TU 551 EQ 534 EX 587
Ficos 2/12/09 TU 695 EQ 715 EX 715
Fico...4/15/10....drumroll.....EQ 743
Message 8 of 10
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

Tropic Thunder is a NO on my movie list.
Swing Vote:  Waiting for Cable

Mama Mia: Cable

Message 9 of 10
southernficoaddict
Frequent Contributor

I agree, wait for cable. 
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.