Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

replacement card for QS1

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

replacement card for QS1

My Cap1 Platinum recently upgraded to a QS, and my QS1 card looked too similar.  In the interest of avoiding confusion, I ordered a replacement card for the QS1 that would be a different color.  I thought solid black might be fun...if someone squinted, it might look like a "fancy" Black Card.  Well, it doesn't.  It came in the mail the other day, and it's a shiny black card with the Cap1 swoosh and MC emblem, and it looks like the cheapest, most generic credit card that ever there was.  On the plus side, it does look different than the QS card, so I won't grab the wrong one in a dark restaurant.

There's just something about the way some cards look and feel...I still pull out my AMEX BCE and stare at it sometimes, first clear credit card I've carried.  The regular QS/QS1 cards feel really nice.  This black card just doesn't do it for me...lesson learned.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
DeeBee78
Valued Contributor

Re: replacement card for QS1

@Anonymous wrote:

My Cap1 Platinum recently upgraded to a QS, and my QS1 card looked too similar.  In the interest of avoiding confusion, I ordered a replacement card for the QS1 that would be a different color.  I thought solid black might be fun...if someone squinted, it might look like a "fancy" Black Card.  Well, it doesn't.  It came in the mail the other day, and it's a shiny black card with the Cap1 swoosh and MC emblem, and it looks like the cheapest, most generic credit card that ever there was.  On the plus side, it does look different than the QS card, so I won't grab the wrong one in a dark restaurant.

There's just something about the way some cards look and feel...I still pull out my AMEX BCE and stare at it sometimes, first clear credit card I've carried.  The regular QS/QS1 cards feel really nice.  This black card just doesn't do it for me...lesson learned.

Want to share a pic?

FYI, you know that the QS and QS1 recently went through a redesign right? Unless both of your cards are already the new design, you could just simply request a replacement card. Then one card would have the new design, and the other would have the old design, at least until it needed replacing. 

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mine are both the new style anyway, and the only difference was the work "one" on one but not the other. 

I have the none-too-attractive black card in my drawer, next time I think about it I'll snap a pic.

I want to stress it's not Cap1's fault, it's my own for trying to be creative. Once the QS1 is 6 months old I'm going to try to combine them anyway, and avoid next year's AF.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I understand this predicament. Luckily I got my QS WEMC before the design change, and my older Platinum QS I had them send me the new design. I honestly like the older design better. If I got the new design for the WEMC, they would look exactly the some on the front since they've removed the network logo and put it on the back. I'm going to hold onto it until it expires and they have to send me the new one, and by then my Platinum will have been combined with the WEMC. Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I ordered a plain purple one, the card looks cheap.

They no longer have the option to select flags Smiley Sad

I really should have kept the plain platinum card at least it was made out of thicker plastic!

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.