Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

snow? Freezing rain??

tag
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

Re: snow? Freezing rain??

It's been snowing here for over 24 hours straight!

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 846
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 11 of 20
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

Temperature outside has gone up to 5
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 12 of 20
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

I feel your pain MV. We are getting a break for the remainder of the week. Temps in the 20s and up to mid to upper 30s over the weekend. We won't get more precipitation until Sunday. As it will be about 38, they are not sure if it will be rain or snow (I know what it'll be Smiley Sad).

Message 13 of 20
mymoneynow
Regular Contributor

ByrdMan, just thought I would brighten your day just a little- here in SC at 11:23AM it is 62 degrees, with expected high of 72 todaySmiley Very Happy

BTW, Shoveling snow is great exercise, I hear,so you are getting your workout without going to the gym.

Established Contributor

@Junejer wrote:
Oh, cry me a river all of you. Smiley Very Happy I plowed out 10" of snow from my driveway this morning and about 8" from DF's driveway this afternoon. In the past two weeks, we have gotten about 20" of snow (just west of Milwaukee). I am going to move south as soon as I am able (about eight years from now). This snow is killing me. Smiley Sad

This is why I moved south. I used to love the winters until a few years ago. For some reason once I hit 40 I just couldn't take the cold anymore.  I feel for you, I despise shoveling snow.

Message 15 of 20
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

mymoneynow wrote:

ByrdMan, just thought I would brighten your day just a little- here in SC at 11:23AM it is 62 degrees, with expected high of 72 todaySmiley Very Happy

BTW, Shoveling snow is great exercise, I hear,so you are getting your workout without going to the gym.

I have a huge snowblower (at each house now as of yesterday) and it's still a PITB.

Message 16 of 20
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

My youngest and DF's youngest are both in the 5th grade. Upon graduation from high school

MsKiwi wrote:

@Junejer wrote:
Oh, cry me a river all of you. Smiley Very Happy I plowed out 10" of snow from my driveway this morning and about 8" from DF's driveway this afternoon. In the past two weeks, we have gotten about 20" of snow (just west of Milwaukee). I am going to move south as soon as I am able (about eight years from now). This snow is killing me. Smiley Sad

This is why I moved south. I used to love the winters until a few years ago. For some reason once I hit 40 I just couldn't take the cold anymore.  I feel for you, I despise shoveling snow.

, I am out.

Message 17 of 20
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

Hey - it is up to 23 right now  Smiley Sad
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 18 of 20
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

We don't really get good snows any more. We get freezing rain. After all the transplanted Yankees who won't listen wrap their cars around telephone polls a time or two, everyone learns to shrug and stay home. You just don't do too well on black ice in the hills and mountains. Smiley Tongue
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 19 of 20
MsKiwi
Established Contributor

@haulingthescoreup wrote:
We don't really get good snows any more. We get freezing rain. After all the transplanted Yankees who won't listen wrap their cars around telephone polls a time or two, everyone learns to shrug and stay home. You just don't do too well on black ice in the hills and mountains. Smiley Tongue

But those dolts have 4-wheel drive!!!!Smiley Surprised There is no such thing as control on ice.
Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.