Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

snow? Freezing rain??

tag
MsKiwi
Established Contributor

snow? Freezing rain??

I moved to Texas to get away from this kind of weather.

<--------------------whining like a true transplanted  northern girl.

Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
Chopbrocoli
Established Contributor

Re: snow? Freezing rain??

Just got back from Waco and here in Houston. Love the weather! While driving back, I noticed the weather was 79 degrees haha. But its chilly now..
AMEX Gold Premier Rewards | SPG AMEX | Bank of America Power Rewards | Merrill Plus | United Presidential Plus | Saks World Elite
Message 2 of 20
MsKiwi
Established Contributor

@Chopbrocoli wrote:
Just got back from Waco and here in Houston. Love the weather! While driving back, I noticed the weather was 79 degrees haha. But its chilly now..

It was warm this morning I wore short sleeves to work! Now, I'm freezing my bum off. You probably passed me on the way from Waco back to Houston if you were on 35.
Message 3 of 20
Chopbrocoli
Established Contributor

Warm and humid... I got about 4 mosquito bites because of it haha. Unfortunately I did not pass you, I took highway 6 all the way Smiley Sad .. sad I know.
AMEX Gold Premier Rewards | SPG AMEX | Bank of America Power Rewards | Merrill Plus | United Presidential Plus | Saks World Elite
Message 4 of 20
mymoneynow
Regular Contributor

60 degrees today in SC and light showers.

I love snow, but I can't put up with it for more than a week at a time. We are lucky here in SC to even see a few snow flurries all winter, every once in a while, we will have a snowstorm that dumps a couple of inches of snow on us. It usually only stays for a day or two though. It is not unusual for us to have 75 degrees for several days in December.

MsKiwi- we southerners will welcome you if you want to move East. 7 out of 10 of my neighbors in our subdiv are northern transplants who got tired of the snow. One of them moved from Boston to Texas to SC. They are even beginning to talk like us southerners now after only 3 years in the Carolinas. Yall would love the weather here!

Senior Contributor

no kidding.  el paso had hail this morning.  Smiley Sad
Message 6 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

I know how you feel MsKiwi...I actually slept on my balcony last night because it was so warm out.......then the wind came and between 1pm and 4pm the temperature dropped almost 15 degrees....

My friends laugh at me when I complain and say "Welcome to Texas, you wanted to move here."

Just keep telling yourself (like I do) that Saturday is supposed to be 72 and Sunday is supposed to be 78 with a low of 61....Might be sleeping on my balcony again!

Love Austin!

Edited to add: IT IS NOW SNOWING AT 11:17PM!!!!!!!!!! I haven't seen snow in over a decade (and really was NOT interested in ever seeing it again) 

Message Edited by 1111mel on 12-09-2008 11:16 PM
Message 7 of 20
Chopbrocoli
Established Contributor

Texas weather is unpredictable... Seriously.
Message 8 of 20
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

Oh, cry me a river all of you. Smiley Very Happy I plowed out 10" of snow from my driveway this morning and about 8" from DF's driveway this afternoon. In the past two weeks, we have gotten about 20" of snow (just west of Milwaukee). I am going to move south as soon as I am able (about eight years from now). This snow is killing me. Smiley Sad

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 846
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 9 of 20
laz98
Senior Contributor

Smiley Very HappySmiley Very HappySmiley Very Happy

@Junejer wrote:
Oh, cry me a river all of you. Smiley Very Happy I plowed out 10" of snow from my driveway this morning and about 8" from DF's driveway this afternoon. In the past two weeks, we have gotten about 20" of snow (just west of Milwaukee). I am going to move south as soon as I am able (about eight years from now). This snow is killing me. Smiley Sad

i remember when i was in chicago doing my 'A' school for the navy....one day it just started snowing & never stopped!!!  being from the desert, i had never seen that much snow in my life...i was actually a little scared!  i have no idea how anyone can live in that for months on end!  i really thought the snow would never stop.  i remember just staring out the window for hours.

Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.