Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

thank you and maybe goodbye

tag
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

Re: thank you and maybe goodbye

@Christina_xyt wrote:
I didn't read through but read a few more posts.. I am assuming that Asia IPs such as china's are blocked.. I might use a VPN to continue connecting with people after I leave the country. I love here..

when i was thailand some ips were blocked not all of them were. When i would connect to wifi sometimes it would work , but if i was using an data connection would be blocked. 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 31 of 45
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

The IP restrictions for APNIC and AFRINIC have been removed; we'll revisit it on a country by country basis in the future if required.

--Revelate, myFICO moderator

        
Message 32 of 45
Grabiela
New Contributor

When i go to visit my mom in Honduras Central America i always log in to my account in myfico.com and its work for me. Few month ago i whent to Aruba And Cuba and its work for me!!!

Message 33 of 45
370Z
Frequent Contributor

I was in South Korea in mid-May, and I couldn't access this site at all. That was only a week after the ban date.Smiley Surprised

EQ8 817 (2/24) EQ9 850 (1/24) EX8 837 (3/24) EX9 842 (3/24) TU8 819 (3/24)
Chase_Hyatt|10k|15.24%|6/13 * Amex_Hilton|10k|13.99%|8/13 * Chase_IHG|10k|15.24%|1/14 * Chase_Ink$|12k|13.24%|5/14 * NFCU$|46k|9.65%|12/14 * Amex_ED|10k|12.99%|1/16 * Citi_Custom$|45k|15.24%|4/16 * Merrill+|68k|12.99%|2/17 * Amex_BB+|10k|15.24%|3/18 * PenFed_Pathfinder|29.4k|12.74%|9/18 * WF_Autograph|25k|16.99%|7/19 * AODFCU_VS|22k|7.49%|4/20 * Chase_Ritz_Carlton|48.5k|15.99%|10/21 * Amex_BB$|42k|13.24%|8/22 * Redstone_FCU_VS|10k|12.00%|6/23 * C1_VX|30k|14.74%|1/24
Gone: CSP, AA x3, Ink+, Premier, CSR, CFU, CF, AARP, Limitless
Message 34 of 45
HiLine
Blogger

I'm sure the forums will resolve the issue for you. Don't go!

On a related note, I also was not able to access the forums from multiple Asian countries on my trip earlier this year. I made that an excuse to unplug from MyFICO for several days Robot tongue

Message 35 of 45
Dw4250
Valued Contributor

I was in France in September on vacation, and logged on/posted several times.  Used laptop and phone.

No issues from Paris...

Message 36 of 45
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Issues are gone anyway, the bans were blown away at the time of my last posting in this thread.

        
Message 37 of 45
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

Thank you all for the friendly support. Especially thanks to the mods that opened up my access again. To my big surprise I can now even access from Cambodia so next month Switzerland should hopefully work the same way again after a few weeks of ban.

Message 38 of 45
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

but why ban oversea ips at all? if I found this website while living in demark, it would've been great help for me, as those were the times my credit in u.s started to go down and needed help.

It's also somewhat inefficient, as it's pretty easy to get a VPN, but I guess it stops casual spamming if concentrated in various regions.

+1 to easy  use of a VPN

This was the only way to create this post for me with a fake IP and of course I selected a US IP to make sure it would allow access. The interesting part is that account login for score watch worked in numerous countries in the past two years and you get even alerts in Africa. So login for paid subscription works worldwide with the same  credentials as the forum but the forum is restricted.  Looking forward to test my home ISP next month and hope Switzerland has made it on the whitelist again as well. Happy to announce that this post has been written with true IP and location. I hate to trick around. Smiley Sad

Message 39 of 45
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@lg8302ch wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

but why ban oversea ips at all? if I found this website while living in demark, it would've been great help for me, as those were the times my credit in u.s started to go down and needed help.

It's also somewhat inefficient, as it's pretty easy to get a VPN, but I guess it stops casual spamming if concentrated in various regions.

+1 to easy  use of a VPN

This was the only way to create this post for me with a fake IP and of course I selected a US IP to make sure it would allow access. The interesting part is that account login for score watch worked in numerous countries in the past two years and you get even alerts in Africa. So login for paid subscription works worldwide with the same  credentials as the forum but the forum is restricted.  Looking forward to test my home ISP next month and hope Switzerland has made it on the whitelist again as well. Happy to announce that this post has been written with true IP and location. I hate to trick around. Smiley Sad

Glad to hear everything got worked out in the end for ya.  We'd hate to lose someone like you with great wisdom around these forums. 

Message 40 of 45
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.