Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

under 18 & taxes ? Really?

tag
rbc145
New Visitor

Re: under 18 & taxes ? Really?

Thanks for all the feedback!!    I will definetly look into some financial counseling for him.  Hopefully he will learn much earlier than we did Smiley Happy

Message 11 of 22
rbc145
New Visitor

Hahaha!!   I'll keep that to myself Midnight Smiley Wink

Message 12 of 22
juggalo9er
Valued Contributor

i really hate to make this worse but i paid absolutely nothing in federal taxes this year and am getting around 8000 federal and 1000 state refund!

Message 13 of 22
barbaralee
Established Contributor

How did you manage that? 

Message 14 of 22
juggalo9er
Valued Contributor

i am married, make around 32000 (another 12,000 that i do not have to even claim on my taxes because its disability from the VA) a year (yes cable companies underpay their employees) qualify for the earned income credit, child tax credit, and american hope credit i believe x2. in regards to the 1000 from the state, indiana has a healthy deduction for being a renter!

Message 15 of 22
Lechte
Frequent Contributor

@juggalo9er wrote:

i really hate to make this worse but i paid absolutely nothing in federal taxes this year and am getting around 8000 federal and 1000 state refund!

You didn't have any federal taxes taken outta your paycheck?

Minor edit, political jabs are no bueno here. --CareBear

(EX08 - 654) --- (TU08 - 643) --- (EQ08 - 667) --- (EQ04 - 676)

Message 16 of 22
starry1
Valued Contributor

Let's not turn this into a political discussion please.

starry1

Community Leader

Starting Score: 11/29/12 TU 527; EQ 565; EX 564 fako - bk7 dc'd 2/15/13
Current Score: 1/22/15 TU 645; EQ 605; EX 633 New goal 675
Cap1 sec $1k (SD) / Fingerhut $2k / Flagship $12k / cashRewards $12k / NavChek $15k / Amazon $2k / Von Maur $1k / Firestone $2.2k / BCU $3k / NFL $1k / QS1 $750 / Target $400 / PPSC $800 / Conoco $700 (last app 09/29/14)
Message 17 of 22
Lechte
Frequent Contributor

good grief

Message 18 of 22
Lechte
Frequent Contributor

@Lechte wrote:

@juggalo9er wrote:

That statement is false.  There was no political jab.  I was asking an honest question

Message 19 of 22
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Lechte wrote:

@Lechte wrote:

@juggalo9er wrote:

That statement is false.  There was no political jab.  I was asking an honest question

While I agree it could have been an completely honest question, it was easily construed as either inflamatory, or even as an ad hominem attack.  There were better ways to have addressed it, and as such I did a small edit of it while still keeping the actual question intact.  The second question/aside regarding political affiliation was completely superfluous and irrelevant in my estimation to the discussion.

I chose to handle this as a trivial issue without official warning or complaint; however, for reference in our TOS:

• Attacks, including “Flaming” another user or entity in such a way as to incite or perpetuate an argument or conflict

I apologize if you took offense to my edit; however, in my opinion it was warranted and as such I took action.

--Revelate, myFICO Moderator

        
Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.