cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what do you guys do when you are charged more than you authorized?

tag
Christina_xyt
Established Contributor

what do you guys do when you are charged more than you authorized?

It is the second time happened to me this year that the servant changed the receipt i signed to add more tip for themselves....

It isn't really a lot just like a dollar or two.. but this is kinda annoying..

Is it common or just me being unlucky?

In sequence of approval, Last app/inquiry 5/30/2015
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
youdontkillmoney
Valued Contributor

Re: what do you guys do when you are charged more than you authorized?

@Christina_xyt wrote:

It is the second time happened to me this year that the servant changed the receipt i signed to add more tip for themselves....

^^^^

Either on purpose or mistake this happened to me twice at two different restaurants. With AMEX I simply disputed it each time online and AMEX reversed it automatically. I leave it at that and do not contact the restaurant since it could be an honest mistake.

Message 2 of 13
Christina_xyt
Established Contributor

@youdontkillmoney wrote:

@Christina_xyt wrote:

^^^^

Either on purpose or mistake this happened to me twice at two different restaurants. With AMEX I simply disputed it each time online and AMEX reversed it automatically. I leave it at that and do not contact the restaurant since it could be an honest mistake.

last time with discover.. i did that, and the card reversed it for me.. but this time is on my fidelity card and they don't have dispute online.. I have to call or mail.. Smiley Sad

Message 3 of 13
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@Christina_xyt wrote:

I would dispute it with your cc . Some people may feel differently, but i feel that is stealing money. Hoping people wont notice. 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 4 of 13
Christina_xyt
Established Contributor

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Christina_xyt wrote:

I would dispute it with your cc . Some people may feel differently, but i feel that is stealing money. Hoping people wont notice. 

i do want to dispute but i feel embarrassed to say that they just charge me "a dollar" more.. i feel that they will think i am looking for troublem and making their life worse.. with discover, i can just submit a dispute online.. :/

Message 5 of 13
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@Christina_xyt wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Christina_xyt wrote:

i do want to dispute but i feel embarrassed to say that they just charge me "a dollar" more.. i feel that they will think i am looking for troublem and making their life worse.. with discover, i can just submit a dispute online.. :/

anything over what I agreed to pay i would dispute maybe i am just an cheapskate. I don't like when people try to steal from me :-)

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 6 of 13
DaveSignal
Valued Contributor

Were you tipping the expected amount?  Or was it less than 15%?  I wonder if the restaruant automates the tips?

EX:694 TU:744 EQ:777
Amex ED $19.5k - BoA Travel Rewards $15k - CSP $5k - SDFCU EMV $15k - NFCU goRewards $20k - Barclays Arrival $6.5k
Message 7 of 13
Countingpennies
Established Contributor

@DaveSignal wrote:

Were you tipping the expected amount?  Or was it less than 15%?  I wonder if the restaruant automates the tips?

I would think if the tip is automatic (hate it when restaurants do that, but...) it should be on the slip when it is signed for.

Message 8 of 13
eddie84
Valued Contributor

This happened to me on Japan Airlines with their horrible onboard wifi service but BofA quickly credited me back for that extra charge.  Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 13
parakleet
Valued Contributor

Think you mean "server"

Gardening since 7/16/14
Current: EQ 711 7/13/14; EX 724 TU 721 6/19/14
Goal: 760+
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.